Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Move it or lose it?

JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 667
    Imperial Credits : 7906
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Move it or lose it?

Post by JGZinv on 3/11/2010, 12:45 am

Well the Playstation Move has been shown off now in it's final version....

So far the reaction seems to be underwhelmed, as it's a Wiimote clone.

I'd have to say M$ is taking a bigger risk with unproven tech, but it's difference
    may win consumers.

On the other hand, I'm hearing people are selling their wii's so they can buy the Move
    when it comes out because they are tired of Nintendo not having any new games.

Personally, I think the Move comes off as a lightgun reincarnation. I don't believe the
    industry should be headed in that direction as it's just stagnation. However one thing that will help sony in about a year... is when people start upgrading to 3D TV's if the job market hasn't crashed further... will really see use out of it. If M$ can get a 3D patch going... they might still retain equal footing. Still need to see Natal's pricing though....

Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 6968
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Re: Move it or lose it?

Post by tanis1lionheart on 3/11/2010, 3:52 am

I don't trust Natal as of yet, MS has burned me one to many times.

Haven't heard much about 'Move It', but I wouldn't mind a graphically superior Wii that has more than 10 good games.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2455
    Imperial Credits : 13375
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael on 3/11/2010, 7:58 am

Lightgun... I would like to have one. By the time I was old enough the original Sega was already extinct.
    Well, 3D TV means doubling the power needed. For existing machines not originally specified for that is a bad move. Well, most games have probably enough reserves, but still you should notice some slow frame rates.
    Maybe it's time for consoles to become complete modifyable or modular to lower cost. Something like that allowed to drop in the core and maybe build it up by just adding. Old Transputers! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12/18/2017, 4:44 am