Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Finally new news!

partiallylit
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts: 2
    Imperial Credits: 1322
    Registration date: 2013-01-22

Finally new news!

Post by partiallylit on 1/22/2013, 6:15 pm

Sweet! 1st book in 8 years coming, took some time coming.

Hayakawa Publishing editor-in-chief Yoshihiro Shiozawa posted on Twitter that a new Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki) novel volume is scheduled for release in late March. The novel is titled Seikai no Senki Ⅴ: Shukumei no Shirabe (Banner of the Stars V: The Fateful Inquiry).

See ANN.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts: 1585
    Imperial Credits: 8981
    Registration date: 2009-03-18

Re: Finally new news!

Post by Almael on 1/23/2013, 7:40 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-21/1st-banner-of-the-stars-novel-volume-in-8-years-slated

Yee Haw!! bounce cheers bounce
    Great news! Thank you for sharing. You get an internet. sunny

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts: 1247
    Imperial Credits: 6826
    Registration date: 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover on 1/23/2013, 1:35 pm

Very Happy cheers

I agree this is great news for the franchise.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts: 539
    Imperial Credits: 5513

Post by AlexT on 2/3/2013, 1:48 pm

Uh? Shocked
    While great news, it feels so strange after all this time and endless talks about seikai never geting new books etc.
    Only wish it happened sooner - only a few veterans survived to see the day Very Happy

Maybe there's even a chance for a new anime now as well - with all the recent "genre crisis" anime industry had it may be good idea to revisit proven and reliable stories Wink

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/4/2013, 12:38 pm

Just before this there was news about plans to animate the Seikai no Danshou side story novels. I'm still skeptical but it seems to be a plan to reboot the series. Perhaps, after months after the book is selling well we get a SNSIV show made. It certainly will be another year before we get to see anything. If they do it right (and on grand scale) who knows maybe it will be more popular.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/6/2013, 1:42 pm

Considering how well the EVA reboot has done so far,there is hope that any new Seikai anime would do as well. Very Happy

And,yeah,it is too bad that there are so few of the original members left here.

partiallylit
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts: 2
    Imperial Credits: 1322
    Registration date: 2013-01-22

Post by partiallylit on 2/9/2013, 5:06 pm

AlexT wrote:Uh? Shocked
    While great news, it feels so strange after all this time and endless talks about seikai never geting new books etc.
    Only wish it happened sooner - only a few veterans survived to see the day Very Happy

Yes well sadly I was MIA ever since Abh Nation closed, chances of continuation looked increasingly slim.

I simply came along to see if anyone was discussing the news, and since they weren't posted it. Laughing

It will certainly be interesting to see how this does. It actually has a chance of increasing its popularity since back in its day there was a glut of, while I wouldn't call them similar, other titles within the genre of space-faring works. So the "genre crisis" may help it in really standing out, since there has been a dearth of such titles in recent years.

Last anime was what? Tytania? And that wasn't a particularly good adaptation. And it seems the genre has always been somewhat rare within light novels.

I do wonder if they are going to try to reboot or at least refresh the older titles somehow though. As you say it has been ages between the novels. New readers would be alienated if all they did was release this as the next book with nothing else done (people seem oddly adverse to starting older things), and I do wonder how much of his old readership will return.

Probably the most effective method would be a reboot of the anime, though who would finance that? An EVA/Berserk style series of film as mitsukilover suggests might work. I would not be adverse to a Blu-Ray release of the originals either! Very Happy

Either way if Morioka has no plans to speed up his writing, any sort of reboot at this point would be of course... ill-advised.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/10/2013, 7:39 am

Welcome back stranger! Very Happy
    I'm not a pessimist but I admit I'm skeptical on Seikai's future.

The SNSV novel was a given, but we don't know anything about it to be sure Morioka actually will do SNSVI. I hope he does.
    He had been working on other series of his own in the past years. We probably won't see it coming soon either.
    On the other side perhaps he may have prepared to release a bunch in a row (3 novels). This is certainly necessary for a successful reboot.
    The animation staff have been expressing their desire to continue so it really all come down to investors.

A blueray release certainly will have attention from anime sub releasing groups. I usually don't use my connections for this but perhaps I will make an exceptions and promote actively. Very Happy

And guys lets give Bandai's/Sunrise's Seikai pages some (regular) visitor counts, input Seikai search terms into their servers.
    http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/seikai/
    http://www.b-ch.com/
    星界の戦旗

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/13/2013, 1:49 pm

Drat,except for the index it's all in Japanese. Razz
    Ah!Well!
    It would be nice to get something newish,even if it were just an updated bluray/dvd combo pack
    with a few extras like actor/director commentaries,etc.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/16/2013, 5:31 am

For some reason the web comic site has been moving several times.
    While nothing was updated on the original site the latest had several updates.
    http://comic-meteor.jp/seikaino/
    It's up to chapter 4 now and for some reason chapter 2 publication has already ended. Evil or Very Mad

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/16/2013, 4:16 pm

Er...does it have an English mirror site or is that it?

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/17/2013, 8:36 am

We beggars can't be choosing.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/20/2013, 1:46 pm

True.Now if those imaginary aliens that the UN has appointed an ambassador to would be kind enough
    to allow us to borrow their imaginary Universal Translators...

Cloudji
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Number of posts: 18
    Imperial Credits: 855
    Registration date: 2013-09-27

Post by Cloudji on 9/27/2013, 1:26 pm

I'm kinda scare, even through Ive not read 4th book. From what I hear it very dark and get negative. Also hear book 5 gets even more negative. However if I can every read them I will.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 9/27/2013, 2:59 pm

Well, SnS4 has some darkness looming but it's good as usual.
    SnS5 has lots of tragedy and heartbreaks, but also does not disappoint with it's usual good point of the series.

Current date/time is 10/25/2014, 12:33 am