Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Seikai no Senki V novel

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2439
    Imperial Credits : 13269
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Seikai no Senki V novel

Post by Almael on 3/29/2013, 1:37 pm

The fifth novel of the Banner of the Stars is finally out and according to chatters we won't be disappointed.

short summary as far as can be from chatters:
    Following the fourth novel a large scale battle ensues at the capital of the Abh Empire. The massive Hania Federation fleet invades and destroys everything. Lakfakalle falls along with a major character's death. Crying or Very sad (╥﹏╥) *cries his lungs out*
    Lafiel survives and gets promoted along with a new ship.
    On the other side of plane space Duhirr is engulfed in battles on enemy territory.

Apparently, this book closes the first part of the Seikai no Senki story line. And there will be more to come. cheers
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2300
    Imperial Credits : 10601
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Re: Seikai no Senki V novel

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/29/2013, 3:24 pm

So are you going to at least leave us a hint as to who or whom it was that gets killed?
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 3/30/2013, 8:32 am

Hint:
    Another of Lafiel's loved ones dies in a blaze of glory.
    Another amazing and admired person is gone.

Revelation:
    Spoiler:

Empress Ramaje dies while covering the fleeing ships.

Morioka did it again. Another heartbreaking farewell and another memorable event in the Seikai universe. I bet no one dares to bother Lafiel outside of work for some time.

Once I get confirmation for most of the information I will write a more detailed summary. A lot of people did an all nighter to finish the book so their report after two days staying awake were a bit chaotic. Once you got the book in your hands you can't put it down! Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 4/1/2013, 1:44 pm

That would have been one of my guesses.The other would have been Spoor.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 4/2/2013, 5:24 pm

Since Morioka declared the end of the first arc it could mean the later arc novels may carry a different series title name. -_- It would just make it difficult for us outside Japan to keep track. I just hope he keeps to the "Seikai no ..." scheme, though.

Well, it seems not much more information than I already have can be found on the net. There's only one site I hope will have more details but it doesn't seem to come around any time soon.

Based on the events and happenings I guess the second arc will have more drama & tragedies. It's going to be dark.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 4/3/2013, 1:49 pm

Now I wonder if the second arc will be turned into an anime and if so will it be a series like the previous or a series of OVAs or movies?

Since we know that Lafiel is destined to be Empress perhaps the death of Ramaj was setting the background up for that to occur sooner than later.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 4/4/2013, 6:04 pm

I will be optimistic and hope for a complete show.

Actually, her death is an oddity. Remember Abh Emperors retire to make way for the next leader. Afterwards, they become members of the council of ex-emperors to oversee the candidates.

Now, she has joined the ranks of famous ones dying in battle.
    "two emperors, seven crown princes, and numerous nobles perished in the line of duty in space." So she's #3.

I kind of think this was one of the hard decisions Morioka made, and perhaps it held the novel back for so long.

In any case, I'm pretty sure we will see the death of half the main cast for sure over the years to come. It's kind of sad...
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 4/5/2013, 2:11 pm

But inevitable seeing it is a war based series.I bet that at the end the only two left standing will be Lafiel and Jinto since the whole series revolves around them.
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 7766

Post by AlexT on 4/6/2013, 6:50 pm

Who could have guessed Hania had such a large fleet. I always thought Abhs were almost too powerfull and most of the war against UMK seemed like walk in the park, and now this...
    For me - it's a nice turn for storyline, i always wanted more "balanced" situation...

Oh well, now the only problem is how to actually read the book. It's not like previous one is widely availible in english, let alone this new one...

Anyway, Almael - do you know of any new tech stuff new book will bring? Like new ships and space structures...Something not seen in anime or illustrations previously
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 4/7/2013, 4:58 pm

The Abh forces were divided in at least on two front with the other three alliance members. Then Kotoponi was sent to take disarm the Hania Federation territory. Therefore, the Abh had not much defenses toward the Hania Federation. In any case, the invading force was strong enough to destroy at least the 8 Sort fortresses, the defense fleets, and perhaps the 8(?) palace fortresses and the Lakfakalle fortress (?).
    It's possible the palace fortresses escaped but I can't confirm this yet. I don't think there are new tech in this novel. But I'm kind of certain there will be some in the next arc.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%98%9F%E7%95%8C%E3%81%AE%E6%88%A6%E6%97%97V-%E5%AE%BF%E5%91%BD%E3%81%AE%E8%AA%BF%E3%81%B9-%E3%83%8F%E3%83%A4%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AF%E6%96%87%E5%BA%ABJA-%E6%A3%AE%E5%B2%A1-%E6%B5%A9%E4%B9%8B/dp/4150311064/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365368060&sr=8-1&keywords=%E6%98%9F%E7%95%8C%E3%81%AE%E6%88%A6%E6%97%97%E2%85%A4+%E5%AE%BF%E5%91%BD%E3%81%AE%E8%AA%BF%E3%81%B9
    Well, the novel costs 651 yen. Including postage and import taxes it will cost about 2-3 times as much. It's not like I can read japanese fast either, actually, I got rusty over the years. Don't expect anything soon.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 4/8/2013, 1:49 pm

Looks like a classic case of overextension then.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 4/9/2013, 1:17 pm

I guess. Although, the 250x pages for each novel and overall don't feel that much as e.g. the Dune series. Dune felt a lot more dragging.

The novel comes with some extra (long awaited) features. Another reason for the delay? There's a red icon now (instead of a green last time) in the amazon search.

Also the japanese SF magazine 2013 No.5 features another short story.
    People say it's as good as sold out.

Edit:
    From what I hear Morioka was recently hospitalized. Reason unknown. I hope it's not serious. He's now 56 years old I think.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 4/10/2013, 2:14 pm

Sad
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 4/24/2013, 5:22 pm

I'm hearing the chinese have it, but it seems they messed up the licence or so, and could not bring it out yet.
    That's aside from the fact that they are not so on about sharing.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 4/29/2013, 1:43 pm

But they don't mind when it comes to "borrowing" from others.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 9/12/2013, 8:44 pm

"Welcome back to another documentary from the history of the Abh Empire!
    Today, we will show you the events that brought the Empire on the brink of destruction. Be warned the following contents contain are highly violent and graphic vids."

****************SPOILER WARNING********************************

Seikai no Senki 5 Summary (subject to change! some things may not be quite correct):

It's seven years since the war began.
    In an attempt to isolate the United Mankind the Abh Empire had divided its forces in Operation Snow Crystal.
    Taking the offer of the Federation of Hania to disarm and join the Empire the remaining forces were
    sent in.

Seeing the Empire taking the bait the Federation of Hania's military sprang the trap on the thinly defended front.

Empress Ramaj deemed the defense of the Imperial capital impossible against the might of the Four Nations Alliance forces,
    and commanded the immediate evacuation of the capital under Operation Phoenix.
    Under the command of Crown Prince Dusanyu, Operation Phoenix is to evacuate the capital to the
    Sotoryuru defense prefecture in the Barke Kingdom, and setup a provisional capital there.
    Meanwhile Imperial capital defense forces are gathered to buy time for the evacuation.
    Ex-Empress Lameimar, Lafiel's the great-grandmother, and Dusuum, the eldest Ex-Emperor, take command of some of the forces.
    (Other Ex-Emperors of the Emperor council take command of the forces, too.)
    Empress Ramaj gives Lafiel an Imperial order to transport the Empire's treasure, a monument of famous heroes, to the provisional Imperial capital.
    Lafiel is given command of a century old patrol ship, the Gaftonosh Dourado where the names of the fallen have been enshrined.

While Lafiel and Ramage were taking their last bath together, Jinto meets Ef [Eefu]. Eefu is in charge of the Hall of Remembrance (Greish Fronetara)
    where monuments of great heroes rests. It is an impressive scene of the winding expanse [space] that layed before Jinto.
    Jinto is responsible for the shipment(loading) of it. Ef wishes Jinto to remember, and to tell what he saw in case the Imperial capital fell.
    Ex-Emperor Lamarsh takes a last walk through the public facilities of Lakfakalle before setting off. (previously unknown ex-emperor)

Afterwards, Ramaj on her flagship Gaftonosh led the Imperial Guards fleet to delay the enemy's invasion beyond the Kryb Sord.
    Like many elders and nobles, Atosuryua Sruf, the previous Baronh Febdash, stays behind to defend the capital.
    The Abh hate to waste death!

Outnumbered, the defenders perished away one after another.
    Ramaj fell first, followed by Lameimar and the Kryb Royal Palace fortress, resulting in the fall of the Kryb Sord.
    While the Four Nations Alliance forces streamed through the Sord into Lakfakalle they were ambushed by the city ship Abriel, [which changed its name with a Dragon Egg fortress?].
    Lastly, Dusuum along with other fortresses made a desperate suicide attack at the Barke Sord.

(The 6th Phoenix fleet got trapped and is annihilated by the pursuiers.)
    Enemy forces were approaching the 5th Fleet, of which Gaftonosh Dourado was part of, but was saved by the hurriedly assembled 7th Fleet from Sotoryuru.
    The 7th Fleet was under the command of Grand Admiral Beneej Spoor and her Chief of Staff Rear Admiral Kufadis.

On the other side of the galaxy, Duhir aboard the patrol ship ブーンディジュ was in the Salim(こへコトポニー) star system within the Federation of Hania, when a message from Kotoponi summons him.
    Duhir has been ordered to appear at the 5th Snow Crytal Fleet's headquaters and hand over Kotoponi's orders to the commander in chief Admiral (Jampeer).
    It was not a simple task.
    While the enemy was approaching the Salim Sord, the distance to send Duhir to headquarters by a weakened fleet was extremely difficult.
    However, (Jampeer) avoided major damage and succeeded in sending Duhir through the Resu~yudo Sord to headquarters.
    Kotoponi praised Jam for somehow managing it. She told Duhir about his father, the Kryb King's current status.
    He has been isolated in the Skiil Kingdom by surrounding enemy forces.

Meanwhile a coronation ceremony was held for Dusanyu under the supervision of Ex-Emperor Lamronyu

Last edited by Almael on 9/13/2013, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/13/2013, 1:39 pm

Wait a minute,Lamiemar's Lafiel's grandmother?I always thought it was Ramaj.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 9/13/2013, 5:32 pm

Oops, it's great-grandmother. You don't wanna be around Lafiel and attract her attention, now.

I could swear I had it right but probably it went lost after rewriting it for publication. After all my own translated version is full with mixed japanese, notes, word variations, source notes etc.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/16/2013, 1:31 pm

Ok.
    Yeah,it probably can get confusing trying to keep everything straight when translating.
    Makes more sense now.

Cloudji
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Number of posts : 18
    Imperial Credits : 3105
    Registration date : 2013-09-27

Post by Cloudji on 9/27/2013, 3:12 am

I so wanna read IV and now V
    Desgael
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Number of posts : 12
    Imperial Credits : 5860
    Registration date : 2010-01-06

Post by Desgael on 9/29/2013, 2:23 pm

Almael, you are a god sent! Thank you for the summary as I seriously doubt we'll see novel's translation to English any time soon.
    Desgael
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by Desgael on 9/29/2013, 2:26 pm

Cloudji wrote:I so wanna read IV and now V
    IV is available at least =)
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Seikai_no_Senki
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 10/7/2013, 1:40 pm

It would be nice if we could get an official translation of both iv and v .Though I doubt it at the moment since we're still pretty much a niche fandom.
    Desgael
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by Desgael on 10/8/2013, 4:49 am

I wouldn't mind even a translation to first three of Seikai no senki novels. I believe they were never translated (at least I didn't find anything).
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 10/9/2013, 1:42 pm

But we did get the anime for Crest,Banner and Banner II as well as Birth and the manga for
    Crest and Banner I.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11/23/2017, 6:15 pm