Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2243
    Imperial Credits : 10388
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/3/2017, 1:49 pm

I'm sending in my order for School Live! after the Fourth is over. Cute girls, cute puppies and
    Zombies...what could be wrong about that? Laughing
    August I'm going with Himouto! Umaru-chan and then in September Monster Musume.
    I will end it with Rin-Ne in October just to have another Rumiko Takahashi title in the collection.
    Though really if you think about it Rin-Ne is basically Inuyasha given a face lift.
    After that I want to get Martian Successor Nadeisco and end the year with seasons 1 and 4 of
    RWBY.
    That is the plan for the time being but we shall see what happens.

Next year I think I want to go more with older titles and probably will be spending more on
    Nozomi and Discotek titles. I also need to think of completing series like Aria and
    Revolutionary Girl Utena if I can. But again we shall have to see what happens.

btw: I saw a special on the weather channel on Twisters on Saturday night. Very interesting.
    One thing they discovered was that if you keep your windows and doors open during a tornado
    you are more likely to have your house fall down around you faster because it acts as a wind tunnel.
    Also don't try to hide under an overpass,again the windtunnel effect. Instead they say you should
    try go find a ditch or other low lying ground and stay down as low as possible. Sure you will end up
    getting dirty but at least you have a better chance of survival in the ditch.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/5/2017, 2:06 pm

Since next week is the finale of Akame ga Kill I thought some review of how everyone died thus far:
    1.Sheele, crushed to death by Koro and Seryu.
    2.Bulat, poisoned by his former commander.
    3.Chelsea, hacked to death by Korume's Dolls.
    4.Lubbock, after defeating Honest's son falls to his death by impaling.
    5.Bols, stabbed by Chelsea minutes before she meets her own demise.
    6.Seryu, killed by Mine in revenge for Sheele's death.
    7.Susanoo killed by Esdeath,though she gives him the honor of telling him he dies like a warrior instead of a tool.
    According to what I have read at the wiki this means the only ones left to bite the dust are:
    Leone, Honest, the Emperor and our beloved little psychopath not named Kurome or Seryu:
    Esdeath!
    Looking forward to the final battle between Esdeath and Akame.too bad one has to die.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/7/2017, 3:28 pm

Happy Birthday to Richard Starkey!
    And for anyone who doesn't know who I am talking about, he played in a band back in day with a
    group of guys called: John, Paul and George (wonder if they made any good? Laughing )

Well it could be worse this could be Pete Best's birthday.

So time to crank up the old CD player and listen to Octupus' Garden with
    A Little Help From My Friends (although the Joe Corker version is said to be the definitive one,
    also it's the one they used on The Wonder Years...Was that Fred or Ben Savage?
    I get them confused because one had Winnie on The Wonder Years and the other had
    Topanga onBoy Meets World. The Savage brothers characters certainly went for girls with odd names!)
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 6798
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart on 7/8/2017, 3:18 am

I can't believe this site still exists!

I feel so damn nostalgic now.

Lt Light Ark
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts : 3
    Imperial Credits : 231
    Registration date : 2017-06-03

Crossover fic idea

Post by Lt Light Ark on 7/9/2017, 10:39 am

What if the Abh, the universe of Seikai No Senki meets the Dune universe, they living in the same galaxy, like, after a United Mankind ship flies adrift, they meet the Imperium.

Soon after, they would obviously, before eventual war because Abhs are artificial and the Abh's rentless thirst for conquest, the Imperium would send up emissaries, between then some Bene Gesserit Acolytes...

I do imagine, Empress Ramaj stating that the Abh doesn't believe in ethics or morality and the Bene Gesserit using the Voice to get a Treaty and Technology...

And the plain different tech/magic from Dune causing problems, they wouldn't win but unless the Abh are willing to deal with the Bene Gesserit and the factions in Dune verse using mass genocide of everyone there...they would just need to deal with then...
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2403
    Imperial Credits : 13059
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael on 7/9/2017, 4:19 pm

Welcome back.

Interesting.
    Well, this all only applies with the original Dune novel not the later with Paul's descendants, God Emperors, the Bene Gesserit sisterhood wars etc.
    That said the Abh have no interest in the Imperium because the Imperium has FTL technology.
    However, the Abh won't allow the Imperium's ships to venture into their space. This is where conflict arise. Adding to that if Dune is within Abh territory, the Imperium will invate and it will be war.
    The Bene Gesserit will likely try to infiltrate and take control via politics and personal influence. Their voice may or may not work well with the Abh. The Abh's alpha is a sensory device any attempt by the Bene Gesserit could be discovered easily. So I think the Bene Gesserit will have a hard time dealing/negotiating with the Abh.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/10/2017, 3:27 pm

tanis1lionheart wrote:I can't believe this site still exists!

I feel so damn nostalgic now.

Well, we have been prodding along the best we can. It's nice to see you back. Very Happy

Lt Light Ark
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts : 3
    Imperial Credits : 231
    Registration date : 2017-06-03

Post by Lt Light Ark on 7/12/2017, 9:46 am

Almael wrote:Welcome back.

Interesting.
    Well, this all only applies with the original Dune novel not the later with Paul's descendants, God Emperors, the Bene Gesserit sisterhood wars etc.
    That said the Abh have no interest in the Imperium because the Imperium has FTL technology.
    However, the Abh won't allow the Imperium's ships to venture into their space. This is where conflict arise. Adding to that if Dune is within Abh territory, the Imperium will invate and it will be war.
    The Bene Gesserit will likely try to infiltrate and take control via politics and personal influence. Their voice may or may not work well with the Abh. The Abh's alpha is a sensory device any attempt by the Bene Gesserit could be discovered easily. So I think the Bene Gesserit will have a hard time dealing/negotiating with the Abh.

And when we do know that the voice is mainly a modulation of voice to make people to accept whatever you do say, I never thought about Leto Atreides II being a thing, mainly because he is...totally out of context for the Abh, for humanity as a whole in Seikai, he would only care about abhs if they meant something into his Golden Path (What would be as they only allow space travel under their guidance), but it would be a stomp, because Abhs could deal with the Imperium, with Bene Gesserit, with everyone, but they couldn't really deal well with Leto because no matter the tactics they would employ, he already knows, so he can take a counter measure against that.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/12/2017, 1:27 pm

Leto II was Paul's son right? I have only read (IIRC) the original novel a long time ago, and maybe
    one of the others so vague about the Atreides family tree here. All I know about Dune
    is that it was basically A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones before ASoIaF/GoTs a thing.
    Any ways, it does sound rather interesting although I wonder how many people would be as familiar with the ins and outs of the Dune saga to be able to get all that you are trying to get at.
    Well any way good luck with it.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/13/2017, 4:26 am

Yeah, Paul and his descendants are gods who would spoil the "game".
    Of this I still think the cat and mouse or intrigues by the Bene Gesserit would be most interesting. Although, I do think most Abh are ignorant of such ploy or plays but some nobles like Spoor are a different matter. This would make some good story.

Right, Dune has too become too big. To know everything either you are a hardcore fan or the author himself. Well, this applies to most universes these days.

-----------
    Gosh Photobucket and their "blackmailing", well, I'm definitely moving the "3rd party linking" images for good. Leaving only those meant as backup and redundancy. Wonder how long photobucket will survive. Looks like they disabled folder downloads making it harder to move stuff. Album download is till there...
    Video interaction will not interrupt your download.
    If you don't want to stick around, we'll send an email to xxx when it's ready.
    Wth. Ok this will take some time for me to have it all arranged.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/14/2017, 1:23 pm

Well at least Spoor enjoys herself.

Photobucket still around?

I'm actually surprised. So many of these websites have come and gone that it's hard to keep track.

Welp, the week after I sent in my order for School LiveRightstuf did one of their mega deals
    with it,so I suppose I might have to wait a but longer than usual.

We have a special election here because our State Senator got a job in the Trump admin.,so now
    we have to vote to replace him in Olympia and also the State Rep. who got selected to temporarily
    replace him in the State Senate.

Finally: someone needs to do a gif of Vizzini from The Princess Bride morphing into
    Grand Nagus Zek from DS9 while saying: "inconceivable!" Laughing Laughing Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/14/2017, 3:24 pm

Update: I found the confirmation for School Live! just now, so looks like I'll not have to wait
    after all! Very Happy
    Though weirdly our e-mail has a tendency now to send such things into the 'junk mail' folder which is where I found it.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/15/2017, 7:13 pm

Yeah, Photobucket lasted for 14 years. But this move has angered people. I'm not saying they are wrong in charging money but they should charge it onto the sites that benefitting from it. A little charge will be enough, the sum will be quite huge, most likely more than charging members only.

I guess the email had ads or so.

Anyway, surfing youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2DKhtGXr0o
    Someone made a thorough investigation. Nicely done.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/17/2017, 1:41 pm

That was interesting since I also thought there were some similarities between Outlaw Star
    and Blakes7 myself.

And now the 13th Doctor will be a woman! Rolling Eyes
    Jodie Whittaker from the series Broadchurch is slated to replace Peter Capaldi.
    This could go either way.
    It may actually work or it may blow up in the BBC's collective faces.
    The main problem I see is explaining the sudden sex change. Also get ready for all the lesbian
    rumor/jokes about the 13th Doctor and her female companions that are obviously going to come.

tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 6798
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart on 7/17/2017, 11:33 pm

Whatever happened to that 'movie' to the Tenchi Site?

O_o
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/18/2017, 7:25 am

TenchiForum is gone. Sad
    http://tenchiforum.com/universe/adieu-tenchi-muyo/
    That was quite a while ago.
    OVA4 continues now at episode 3. I'ven't watched it, though.

Yeah, I wonder about her. Don't know much so it will be surprise for sure. It's 13th!!! They must have thought something by that number.

I'm still quite busy these days and too tired at the end of day. I hope it will be better in a few months.

-----------
    Germany puts submarine sales to israel on ice.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4990857,00.html
    Not surprising especially with the pressure from certain countries and besides isreal doesn't really need subs other than as a detergent against blockades.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/ivanka-trump-overseas/?utm_term=.112b323aea4d
    Another revelation on trump products. Not really surprising.

New videos and maps on Pluto
    http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/News-Center/News-Article.php?page=20170714

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/19/2017, 1:37 pm

Never seen Broadchurch so don't know anything about Jodie Whittaker.
    So now Missy and the Doctor can share cake recipes! Laughing
    Ok I'm done with the misogynism for the day.

I only read the sports and funnies and do the crossword and jumble these days. The rest I find to be pretty *MEH* as it's basically the same anti-Trump stuff, nobody in the MSM bothers to write any
    pro-Trump since they all voted for Hilary anyways.

Speaking of sports:this will be the final season the Vikings will have training camp at Minnesota State University in Mankato as they're moving to their facility near the Twin Cities next year.

Yesterday I got some more comics:
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Iron Man
    Avengers
    One of the Captain America was issue #600.
    I think now if I could go back and re-live my life I would probably be more into Marvel than DC.
    The only exceptions being the Super and Bat books.

I also like the older stuff more than the newer from both companies.
    And speaking of the newer, it looks like the HYDRA Captain America might be an impostor after all
    has I read yesterday there was supposed to be another Steve Rogers that showed up mysteriously.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/21/2017, 1:30 pm

Captain America #600 was more of a magazine style issue with short stories instead of one
    continuous story.

When I talk about the older stuff I mean 1960-2000 or so.
    I think both companies try too hard to be PC and Multicultural these days.

It's equally sad to see that the Left doesn't read or understand the Constitution and the Right
    has no clear understanding of American History.
    Actually the Democratic Party of the 19th century was even more Conservative than today's
    Republican Party.
    Fiscally Dems like Jackson and Cleveland were to the right of Reagan and the Bushes.

OTOH: No matter how many wet dreams the Left has,neither Warren nor Clinton will be President
    even if Trump were impeached,which is unlikely. The whole line of Succession thing.

Things like these are why I'm glad I'm not registered as belonging to any political party.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/24/2017, 1:11 pm

Had to walk to Safeway to pick up my medicine today. Then to Ben Franklin to look at some slippers.
    Not a whole lot and either too small or half size too big. This happens when you have  odd size
    feet like 10 and a half. The closes was size 11.
    While I was there I looked around what they had of electronics. They had a few DVD players left.
    Didn't have the money so just looked.

Also today looked up DVD discs cases again and saw they still had some available on Amazon.

Reading:The Fantastic Four:The Redemption of the Silver Surfer, lotta fun.
    Interesting to note that when DC came up with their Cyborg Superman villain they basically
    did a riff on the FF for the origin story.Even using an alliterative name: Hank Henshaw=
    Reed Richards!
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/26/2017, 1:25 pm

So looks like I was right about the whole Jodie Whittaker thing on being the new Doctor Who
    was a gimmick. Ratings have steadily plummeted since David Tennant left the series. So looks like
    Peter Calpadi is being the scapegoat for what has been happening for the past several years.
    Of course the fact that the writers and producers of the show have been more or less in the SJW/PC
    category might have something to do with it.That and from what I read the episodes have been more and more complicated to follow.
    Then again when the series was moved in America from SYFY to the less watched BBCAmerica, and you see why ratings went down on this side of the Pond.
    But that's just my opinion...

And speaking of Tennant, you can now hear him quaking it up as Unca Scrooge MacDuck on the new
    version of Duck Tales on Disney XD. At least he didn't have to fake the accent this time around! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Soooo Berkeley has gotten to the point where they even disinvite Atheists like Professor Richard Dawkins!? We certainly do live in interesting times when someone like Dawkins gets a disinvite to one of the most left wing campuses in America. They said it was about his criticism of Islam, but then again he is a critic of all religion.
    Berekely would cut off it's nose to spite its face kinda thing.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/27/2017, 8:34 am

Agree. The move to BBCAmerica imho was the major factor for the dip.
    Laughing

Yeah, I also noticed a bunch of "news" from Berkeley recently. Many of my folks have ties here, too.
    I don't think this will be the last of what we still call controversy today. <_<   >_>   >_<

Also whitehouse starting to read fan post... when does the real "show" start I wonder

Anyway, arstechnica has a nice article & pics about the NS Savannah
    https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/07/aboard-the-ns-savannah-americas-first-and-last-nuclear-merchant-ship/
    Small in today's standard but I got to say they put quite some engineering into making it simple to control. Except for the few scribbles by actual engineers running it. Laughing  But the emergency / startup instructions and what you gotta do,  ingeniously simple an untrained person could do. Although, some technical understanding is required I guess. At least you gotta understand the instruction. Makes me wonder what if the oil crisis happened right then. Would we still have them today such that it's the standard. I doubt it due to cost, though.
    The note about "~you can't just put a nuclear powered ship in reverse" is nice. Perhaps amusing for the laymen but yeah, it will be a bad day if you don't decouple the drive first etc... someone's gonna be six feet under if ignored.
    very good Safety briefing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2g205jo9M
    "has a lot of good stuff back in those days" like lead paint, asbestos, PCB ... Twisted Evil
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/28/2017, 12:58 pm

Did you see the one about the vet who masterfully trolled one of those Antifa rallies in Chicago by
    making a speech made up of mainly quotes from Adolph Hitler?
    The people at the rally applauded him and invited him back, obviously unaware they had just been had! Laughing

Also speaking of Trolls. It seems that the Norwegian and Danish embassies in DC are battling over which is the true birthplace of Trolls. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Where do they think they are: MINNESOTA? Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Bike Across America for MS northern tier group stopped by our church yesterday night.
    They're on their way to Seattle and started from Bar Harbor,Maine.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/31/2017, 1:02 pm

Sooo Squid Girl Season 2 is finally out. The only problem is right is to get it you have to order the complete series which includes Season 1. I wonder if Sentai will decide to bring out a separate
    Season 2? It'd be nice for those of us who already have Season 1 but don't want to double dip
    for one reason or other.

Next Sunday Heroes and Icons network is doing a full day of Star Trek. The piece de resistance will be the airing of The Cage. This will be the second chance for people to see it if you didn't see it when it was on Svengooli on MEtv a couple months back.

Also they reran one of the best ever Star Trek episodes yesterday night, the Deep Space Nine episode In The Pale Moon Light. Garak is given a more sinister look again.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 8/1/2017, 10:01 pm

How roaches revolutionize robotics
    http://ciber.berkeley.edu/?page_id=6843
    It's only a matter of time before a roach robot saves people in disaster areas. The future belongs to roaches once more.

So the russians use a special ship for radioactive waste
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XMfPIfk8xo
    Considering the best technology and mountain mines can't even secure it for 10000 years without some leaks, this is nothing more than temporary. Not to mention it complicate things even more when the ship itself needs to be taken care of afterwards.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 8/2/2017, 1:27 pm

Maybe that whole thing about placing it on the moon as per Space:1999 wasn't such a bad idea
    after all? Then again the whole Moon Base Alpha breaking away from the Earth...
    Truly one of the great underrated Sci Fi series of all time. While at least the Eagles were worth watching the show for. Plus Martin Landau and Barbara Bain. Also it was a spin off of UFO.
    Gerry Anderson was doing Voyager before Voyager.

Also Maya(?) was a female Odo before there was Odo... Laughing Laughing

Ack...my bike now as a flat and I can't seem to fix it. Am going to have to see about getting help
    with it.
    I was running an errand to church and on the way back I noticed it was getting bumpy.Sure enough when I touched the front tire it was flatter than anything. I tried to locate the source but I guess I must've missed it.

I think part of it has to do with the way the roads are here.

So...Ben Franklin is gone now and Burger King is coming in. Doesn't make much sense since this isn't
    a large population center and we already have an McDonald's....

HBO has a show in the offing that is a alternate history view of what if the South won the Civil War and slavery was modernized. A lot of people on Tweeter overreacted without even bothering to
    wait to see a single frame to see what it would be actually like.
    Irony is this is basically the far left eating its own since the show is created by the people behind
    Game of Thrones.
    And they're not exactly flamiing far right wing Republicans..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 9/24/2017, 12:46 am