Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2243
    Imperial Credits : 10388
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/13/2017, 1:13 pm

Choir starts again tonight and this week we have our Friends of the Library book sale Th.-Sat.

Next week got to get my fillings worked on...fun! Twisted Evil

Everything worked out alright at the doctor except I have to go get another colonoscopy one of these days....yuck!

Apparently the polyp they find was pretty large and they want to see if they got enough of it.

Things Hillary has yet to blame her lost on:
    1. El Nino
    2.Irma
    3.Harvey
    4.Global Warming
    5.Global Cooling
    6.Chicken McNuggets
    7.The Onion
    8.Not getting tickets to Hamilton on election night
    9.cat allergies
    10.dog allergies
    11.Ishtar
    12.the lunar eclipse
    13.the Yankees
    14.the Dollar Tree
    15.too tight fitting shoes
    16.Mac 'n' Cheese
    17.Game of Thrones
    18.British don't vote in American elections
    19.Canadians don't vote in American elections
    20.French don't vote in American elections
    21.Americans (sadly)vote in American elections
    22.had to change grandkids diapers for Chelsea.
    23.stupid miners and steelworkers who really thought I was going to keep my promise and fire them all!
    24.Bill!
    25.Nobody told me that I had to win the stupid Electoral College! I mean why can't this be like
    Venezuela or North Korea and I can become Dictator for Life automatically?
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2403
    Imperial Credits : 13059
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael on 9/13/2017, 10:05 pm

lol Oh yeah her new book. Sorry but no time to read it, although, I believe there'S plenty more to be heard.

"The Orville" was funny as advertised but not so much more, though. The Trek connection is certainly quite well done. The design looks like from a certain recent (few years old) space game and or some anime etc. In any case the characters are more closer to current young generation. I guess JJAbrams' success in that direction led to this characterization as opposed to the past ones.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/15/2017, 1:11 pm

It's going to be interesting to see how many people watch it just because CBS pissed them off with the way they handled the whole Star Trek:Discovery thing.
    Looks like it will be on Thursdays in tandem with the new season of Gotham. Since there
    isn't anything on Thursday that I watch any way,this could be a good chance to watch both.

Well it is interesting now that Hilary is calling for the elimination of the Electoral College, as before
    she was all for it. The whole "There's-No-Way-Trump-Can-Get-To-270" meme.exploding in her face.
    Of course if that ever happened we could end up in a one party state,since the more populous
    states would swing everything their way.

Interesting ending to the whole Hydra Cap story: it now appears that the whole thing was
    created by the living avatar of the Cosmic Cube because she mistakenly thought it would make
    everyone happy.
    So winds up the real Cap uses Thor's hammer to wipe the floor with Hydra Cap.
    Though one thing I think Marvel did right is that the people who died are still dead and there's
    still a lot of consequences that have to be faced.
    After reading all of that I think I would pick up the TPB once it comes out,just for the final fight
    between Captain America and the Hydra Captain.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2403
    Imperial Credits : 13059
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael on 9/17/2017, 10:37 pm

Well, Discovery's coming next Saturday so we will see.
    Meanwhile, Orville ep.2   Portus and his egg with vulcan likeness weirdest combination. lol

Apropos latest Marina Sirtis talks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PuD3XWjaI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_NeiF76AZA

------------
    Looks like all the NKorea test firing over Japan is creating pressure on the military to display a show of force to shoot them down. I understand public unrest and insecurity but doing nothing is also a war tactic.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/18/2017, 1:58 pm

And the final scene between Bortus and Klyden when the egg hatches and it turns out to be
    female instead of male was something else.
    I suppose in a single sex species that would be an anomaly.
    Though it probably has to do something with the fact that when the buoy exploded Bortus got
    thrown off the egg thus changing the temperature.
    That happens in a lot of egg laying species: temperature can determine whether a male or female
    will hatch.

8:30 is such a weird time to premiere a full hour drama.

We finally got rain! Very Happy
    After about 80 days of no rain it was good to hear it pounding on the windows overnight.

oh yeah...did you notice yesterday's Orville was directed by Robert Duncan McNeil?

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/20/2017, 1:25 pm

Back from the dentist and the novocaine is slowly wearing off. I had to have gas because I am a bit sensitive and without the gas the novocaine hurts like hell. So interesting factoid the new dentist
    is from Michigan and was talking a bit about the Lions. Unfortunately his wife is from Wisconsin and
    is a big Packers fan...
    You know like being from New Jersey or New York and being a Yankees fan and married to a
    Red Sox fan( sorry Cheers fans but the Yankees are the better of the two teams).

The Orville starts at its regular time tommorrow right after Gotham. Speaking of which
    this season Bruce finally dons the cape and cowl (kinda) to become Batman.

I feel sorry for the Mariners continuing their streak of play off less seasons but as a Twins fan
    I'm just rooting for the Twinkies to get the final wild card.
    Also since Spokane is in the Texas farm system I feel like I have divided loyalties in the AL West.
    I want Seattle to do well but at the same time I really want all those former Spokane Indian
    players on the Rangers to make it good as well.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/22/2017, 1:11 pm

My new debit card came in the mail today so I had to call in to get it all set. I had to do it twice since I can't remember my Social Security number and had to go find my card.

The two most memorable quotes from yesterday's The Orville episode: "About A Girl""Tell us about your penis."

" You see even though
    he's the best pilot in the Union Fleet,he's also a complete idiot!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think if this had been Star Trek the verdict would have of course been different.
    Also are Bortus and Klyden going to be honest when their 'son' gets old enough and tell 'him'
    about the operation? Or are they going to be like Klyden's parents and not let 'him' know
    until 'he' finds out by accident?
    I think the whole thing about Klyden coming from left field as it did was really good, it helped
    explain why he was so adamant about the surgery after Bortus had a change of heart.

Looks like Seattle is going to continue their streak of not making it to the MLB playoffs.
    Maybe someone should start a protest movement or something. They can invite Miochael
    Bennett from the Seahawks over and he can take a knee during batting practice until the Ms
    are let in the playoffs! Laughing

Finally: No, if you get rid of President Trump you do not get President Hilary Clinton.
    You do not pass Go or collect $200 either for that matter; what you do get is President Pence.
    My God! don't the anti-Trumpers on the far Left ever read the Constitution!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 9/24/2017, 3:28 pm