Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Recent season and current season discussion :D

Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Number of posts : 27
    Imperial Credits : 1909
    Registration date : 2015-07-02

Recent season and current season discussion :D

Post by Verethragna on 10/19/2015, 7:02 pm

Whelp i have been keeping up with anime have you? i've recently gotten a new favorite

Nanatsu no Taizai (the seven deadly sins) had the best hidden protagonist ever and was completely awesome this is a couple like 2 or 3 seasons ago as it was a 25 episode anime ide recommend it for a fix of shounen that does int have training lol it was great all it took was episode one for me.

as for the current season its relatively great Very Happy comet lucifer is interesting while Rakuda is a bit ecchi comedy shounen then there shinmaou no testaments second season...god its like High school DxD had a kid its got demons the neutral force being heroes this time and ive yet to see the holy side just recently being gods...speaking of HS DxD borne(3rd season) was amazing xD
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2300
    Imperial Credits : 10601
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Re: Recent season and current season discussion :D

Post by mitsuki lover on 10/21/2015, 1:22 pm

I haven't been watching any new anime for awhile. Just watch what I have on DVD. Though I have seen where they have a new season of Utareruwamono coming out in Japan. Supposed to be a sequel and the main heroine is the daughter of Hakouro and Yuzuha from the original series.(I'm watching the
    original btw and have only the final two episodes left.)
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 9/15/2016, 12:08 am

About a year has passed since my last post here, seeing not much has gone on yet there are still some loyal people who watch anime(I hope). So I think I will try to keep this post alive from here on with every season that comes up I will put a forum post with what I am watching and can recommend so to start here we go.

First up Re:Zero : while being slow to start at first it became rather interesting as it went on then slowed down a bit for me towards the middle as it became a bit more drama focused(not me cup of tea) Great story so far though the animation is pretty good as well.

Secondly Food wars! Season 2!!! The food gasms are back and pretty good we get to see a alice mother and an old man strip....xD. Souma gets some character development as well.

Third we have Sousei No Omiyouji(probably did not spell that right) Another good one I am currently watching. So far it is going great The animation is pretty average with a decent story and some plot twists.

fourth Berserk(2016).......

Fifth Masuo Gakuen......MC gives powers to female cast by making them orgasm....Also has a nekomimi part..... What a Face

Sixth on my list is 91 days a rather cliche mafia film about revenge but still good in the suspense department. The animation is pretty well done as well.

Seventh place goes to Mob psycho 100 From the same studio as one punch man the animation lives up to it, in a weird sort of style xD

eighth place goes to Tales of Zestiria I personally have never play a tales game but i can say without a doubt that I WILL BE buying one soon enough. The animation in this adaptation is Gorgeous Up to par with the Fates. The story from what i have seen is more understandable for people who have played the game.

Ninth goes to Rewrites adaptation another good watch so far. Have not been too impressed with this one as it has yet to make me go "damn" in any sort of way Neutral
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 209
    Imperial Credits : 7760
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 on 9/15/2016, 6:58 pm

Not much to say on my part. I have a lot of material to catch up on sadly and I hope to begin contributing again and trying to do research. Though sadly, one of my main sources has been gone for some time it seems, and then most of my other contacts from my university are doing their own thing. Good to see you as well.
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 9/15/2016, 7:58 pm

spoor356 wrote:Not much to say on my part. I have a lot of material to catch up on sadly and I hope to begin contributing again and trying to do research. Though sadly, one of my main sources has been gone for some time it seems, and then most of my other contacts from my university are doing their own thing. Good to see you as well.

No sweat I just have a lot of time xD being junior in high school and all. Was thinking of college but with the rates at which you have to pay for it almost not worth it.

But enough with the degrading life that is me Shocked Sounds like a decent amount has been discussed as a browse the forums. Nice to see some people still come about every now and then the forum kind of feels like my inactive gaming group xD
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/16/2016, 1:08 pm

Smile

Well good to see you again. Yeah, high school can be hectic in your final two years.

Right now I would say the main thing I have in my headlights is finally getting Omamori Himari
    now that it's officially been licensed.

For next year besides getting Sailor Moon R my main thing will be to get Akame Ga Kill.

I'm still on the fence about Sailor Moon Crystal.
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 9/18/2016, 2:05 am

Never did get into the sailor moon series. Just a bit old not that anything is wrong with that I just find it harder to adapt to elder animation styles. Said anime must have a great story or very "smooth" animation. Both would probably get me into it rather quickly.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/19/2016, 1:40 pm

I probably have more eclectic tastes than some as I enjoy a wide variety of anime and also a wide range of styles of animation.
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 10/24/2016, 6:01 am

Alright ladies and gentlemen the next season has started and I am rather disappointed but we do have a few gems.

Alright without further adieu let us commence!

1. My first reccomendation would be Shuumatsu no Izetta Gorgeous animation smooth and beautiful at the same time. :O While not having an overtly complicated story it is set in the WW2 era with a twist(There's magic :O)

2. Bubuki Buranki season 2: As this is a second season I would recommend checking out the first season. To sum it up Giant robots(mechs) that have minds/feelings of their own split their bodies into each of the limbs and a heart. Rather interesting take on the mecha genre would fully recommend this series to any mecha lovers.

3. Bloodivores I went into this blind and so far it is not all that impressive (too me) Discrimination against a race that humanity believes to be lower than them. This race then has a half human child called the "child hope" and that is about all we have for the story at episode 3-4. Though I will say it is picking up splendidly.

4. Ajin 2nd season. Very awesome and recommended uhm....this one is hard to explain but immortal people get discovered who have these invisible black ghosts that can tear through steel each one is unique to a persons mind set. Give this a shot.

5. Bungou stray dogs 2nd season: So far seems to be the story
    Spoiler:
    SPOILER FOR THE FIRST SEASON STAY CLEAR I REPEAT DON'T READ IF HAVE NoT SEEN FIRST SEASON!!!!!! The story of ahh forgot his name xD time with the port mafia

This is rather rushed and I will do a revisit to this post when I get more information on anime's and have more time. xD Toodles! for now. Wink
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 on 10/24/2016, 11:09 am

I must be much farther behind than I realize, though I do have a lot of projects I am working on. I suppose I should take more time to invest in this. I haven't edited the wiki for a few days. I had quite a rush after a break for I think it was two or three years.

Well time to slowly reinvest myself. Also good to see you posting again. Talk to you all later.
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 10/24/2016, 1:18 pm

What kind of wiki do you edit?
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2439
    Imperial Credits : 13269
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael on 10/24/2016, 1:43 pm

Welcome back!

Thanks for the information. I'll look them up, too. I just can't spare the time due to other pressing matters...
    And yeah, the seikai wiki is being liven up thanks to Raven.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 10/24/2016, 1:58 pm

Finally got Wizard's Barristers today. Cool
    IIRC Hisakawa Aya is in this one.

Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 10/24/2016, 2:01 pm

Nice, my area does not sell much anime at all. If I want them in package I have to order from online. Shame me for but I stream....
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 on 10/24/2016, 4:15 pm

Awesome, well as said before, I work on the Seikai wiki whenever I can. I still haven't even focused down on Chaika or No Game No Life, so I will work on those first Razz
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 10/25/2016, 6:08 am

No game no life is one of my personal favorites do tell me what you think. When you finish it.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 10/25/2016, 6:57 am

Well, it certainly is interesting but like all shows about "game systems" there's a limit how far it can be taken. They are all good and they are all alike due to limitation of possible rules. See manga thread for a good one I mentioned years ago and see Liar Game(s).

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 10/26/2016, 1:10 pm

Chaika is in season 2 now isn't it? Is it any good?
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 10/27/2016, 5:44 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Chaika is in season 2 now isn't it? Is it any good?
    Chaika's season 2 ended a season or two ago, I did not enjoy the series very much to begin with. So I can not say whether it was good or not but according to the comment under the seasons final episodes it was rather good i guess? Not much help here sorry. silent
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 on 10/27/2016, 9:09 am

See, that's how out of it I am.

Heck, I've only barely seen Arpeggio of Blue Steel recently (and it was awesome).
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 10/27/2016, 12:54 pm

I'm not as much into Arpeggio of Blue Steel, but I hear the manga is better. You might want to look up 'Girls and Panzer', 'Submarine 707R', 'Tactical Roar'...
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 on 10/27/2016, 4:18 pm

I already saw Girls Und Panzer, not heard of Sumbarine 707R, which I will try to catch. Tactical Roar, never head of either.

Does remind me, if we may go FURTHER back in time of Blue Submarine No. 6. Anyway, I don't recall enjoying an anime in a long time as much as Arpeggio of Blue Steel, but it's perhaps because I am easily emotionally moved. I feel like many of favorite anime are defined by the one episode that shakes things so immensely in an unexpected way.

Anyway, back to work on the wiki and actual work.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 10/27/2016, 11:46 pm

Tactical Roar is best of the bunch, although, less fancy.
    You might want to try 'High School Fleet'. It seems to be similar to Girl and Panzer.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 10/28/2016, 6:31 pm

The movie for Girls Und Panzer is finally out. Very Happy
    Or I think it will be.

Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna on 10/28/2016, 10:45 pm

I speculate that our tastes in anime may be different..., For i prefer the Shounen vibe/ Great story with action. xD Like Log Horizon or Darker than black. I did however watch Girls und Panzer and...Was average for me. Anyways Is the Baka-Tsuki Translation for the LN still up? Provide a link if so? I need more reading materials for school so I figured its time I stop putting it on hold and read this LN series.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11/23/2017, 6:19 pm