Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2385
    Imperial Credits : 12903
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael on 5/7/2016, 3:32 pm

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri / Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
    This is the show of the season for me.
    ep.1
    In an alternative history during the industrial revolution (in Japan) the Kabani appeared and threaten to annihilate mankind.
    They are zombie like humans who have an iron armored heart, hence, hard to kill. People get infected when bitten. People are struggling for survival in walled (train) stations (surrounded by a river/water moat). [the japanese only have water moats in late modern 19th/20th century ]
    The main technology is steam... Even Jule Verne would be in trouble here. Laughing Unless he uses airship ideas. Oops did I unwittingly reveal a solution? Laughing
    Our main character is a smart boy, Ikoma aka "hero", a steam smith. He tries to invent a steam gun that's better than the current steam gun/rifles. Otherwise your typical stupid hero. Btw. he's the spitting image of Max from Macross.
    The station gets invaded and Ikoma gets bitten. Oh, the craziness that ensures... WTH So as long as your brain isn't infected you are good.
    Ayame Yomokawa, a bushi "princess", is the opponent in terms of the system... maybe. [bushi something like the authorities] Mumei, some mystery girl.
    For some reason the know it's a virus. [How do they know viruses exist in the first place?]
    Basically this show is a mix of zombies and Shingeki no Kyojin=Attack On Titan. But imho it's better than Attack on Titan. And the name's similar to carabineri. Very Happy
    ep.2
    So his gun uses steam pressure charge shaped metal as projectiles. Idea obviously taken from explosive formed shaped metal. Even if it's possible either the weapon is not too heavy for human use or you die using it (from the shock). Btw. they use a shaped charge for honorable suicide.
    Mumei turns out to be your super fighting girl. Ikoma and Mumei are not normal. [whatever that means for now] So these brainless zombies get mad when their kind gets killed... She lures them away while people escape.
    Interestingly, the train needs a master key, held by the bushi, to "start".
    ep.3
    Kabaneri is someone who's between human and Kabane. A halfling by fate rather than birth if you will. Well, I bet we will come to that story part possibility, too.
    Now, Ikoma has a Kabane body. Mumei seems to have a more human body compared to him. They are stronger, tougher and heal. Mumei falls asleep if she fights too long so she welcomes a "living shield" to accompany her.
    Ikoma's weak so she trains him "good". Our group is heading for Kongokaku, the Shogun's stronghold. (interesting name)
    [look at that water station... Sad ] Oh my prediction came true earlier than expected... People's cowardice and mistrust cause trouble for our heroes.
    ep.4
    So Kabaneri need blood instead of food. Somehow the train has some kind of remote control system for railway switching.
    The people have taken over the master key and try to abandon our heroes but end up inviting Kabane aboard.
    Wazatori, a Kabane who has learned how to fight from experience (or lingering memory?).
    Being locked away in the last car our heroes have no choice but to go outside in order to get into the other cars... (no smoke in the tunnel!)
    In exchange for Ayame's blood Ikoma is contracted to save them. "Rokkon Shojo" is some kind of slogan, an obvious word play.
    It seems the train journey will take a while?

Fate Unlimited Blade Works
    Ep.13
    Shiro returns home. Saber is in her maiden dress...bound as punishment for still resisting Castor. Castor is scolded by Kuzuki for her independent actions. He decides to reman at the church.
    Rin dreams of Archer as one of the Protectors, who save the human world from destruction. However, Archer kept being summoned after death. After hearing Rin actually wants to save Saber to give her back to Shiro he betrays hers during the battle with Castor. Archer reveals Castor's identity and wants to join her. She tells him she distrust traitors but takes him anyway.
    On their way home Shiro makes Rin cry. He returns her pendant saying he has another. Rin realizes something but won't say when asked. He tells her he has feelings for her.
    Ep.14
    Rin nurses Shiro at his home. She tells him she doesn't hate him and she likes his cooking. They plan to ally with Ilya.
    Castor remembers her despicable Master who tries to contract Lancer's Master to kill Castor. He orders her to commit suicide but she already severed her contract herself. She kills him after a little torture.
    G. raids Ilya's home, kills her servants ...

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 5/9/2016, 1:28 pm

Macross Delta ep6
    Windermere was annexed a few more planets and chatter indicate the NUG (Spacy government) has no interest to act.
    (Things hint to the NUNS having an evil side like Gundam's Titans: We are shown and told about Windemere's scar(s) but the cause is unclear. Rumors among the Delta/Walkure gang hint at the Windemere using some dimensional weapon ending the last war. So I guess the truth is the NUNS did this and the Windemere retaliated.)
    So the people stuck in Brisingr globular cluster are on their own. Messer gives the Hayate and Mirage an earful about their flying. He's no longer lenient and holding back. Mirage is under pressure as Max & Milia's granddaughter to prove herself.
    The gang comes to save Ionideth. First time fastpacks are equipped. (Since Frontier the varifighters get more and more engines (nuzzles). Now it seems 6 is the standard for max. option. And pack numbers has doubled to 4.)
    Mirage gets trapped and used as target practice. The Draken does use only one gun at a time in batroid/gerwalk mode. Very detailed damage animation here. Once again, Hayate and Mirage survived by luck. The reality of war is getting to them.
    Delta/Walkure are under Lady M's orders. (M is most likely Mylene.)

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2183
    Imperial Credits : 10190
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/9/2016, 8:58 pm

Stellvia episode 8 yesterday night. It was the first anime I saw since my week hiatus.
    Also I sent in my order for 3.33 and the Lupin The Third Vs. Detective Conan Movie today.

While I was at it during the week I decided to only watch first time anime raw while any that I have already watched in Japanese either raw or sub I will watched dub.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/11/2016, 1:14 pm

Monday I watched the dub of Fancy Lala not too bad really. It was the episode where Miho takes her first solo train trip to visit her grandparents.

Tuesday episode 17 of Excel Saga. Fun injoke with Excel doing the Sailor Moon
    pose, especially when you remember it's Mitsuishi Kotono aka Sailor Moon herself playing Excel in the
    Japanese version.

Next week I start Brynhildr in the Darkness.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 5/13/2016, 1:22 pm

Sailor Moon Crystal ep32
    Setsuna seems to have come along with her professor from overseas (presumely USofA) to research gravitational anomalies. Hotaru gets bullied at school. Usagi is still down over Haruka&Michiru. Tellu sells her Tellun flowers to people which piques Mako's interest. The bunnies visit Hotaru and are seen by Kaorinite. Chibiusa wants to give her her handmade calice but Hotaru doesn't accept it.
    Usagi goes snooping and gets caught. Chibiusa reveals to Hotaru's otherself about her crytal which is overheard by Kaorinite. While going home Chibiusa gets a glimps of Setsuna but doubts it.
    The Tellun flower grows fast while all other plants around wither. The team meet the bunnies for a raid and Usagi notices the outers. Service! Haruka's stacked! She chases them to Haruka's room.
    Note: lots of wind even inside so Usagi's hair flows like in all those signature images.
    Setsuna falls victim to the flower and the outers sense her. She awakens... even Mamoru senses it.
    The team loses against Tellu but Pluto saves them in time. No not literally. Only one more witch 5 and Kaorinite left.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri / Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ep.5
    Arriving at a station recently overrun they decide to save the last survivors.
    Problem a tover fell on the rail so they got to go to the steam power plant to power the crae etc. Mumei meets an old acquaintance who tells her she's replaceable just like him. Pychological fixated she attacks the kabane's nest instead of going along with the safe plan. But that's just the peak of the iceberg. The Kabane form up a huge monster eyeing the train...
    Yep, in other people's and the newcomer majority's word the show is "The shit" Laughing
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 5/18/2016, 1:38 pm

Macross Delta ep7
    The Walkure infiltrate planet Voldor. Gits-esque electronic warfare to breakthrough.
    Voldor is home to cat people, nyan. Hmm, disguise includes claws, nyan. The Windermereans are here to research the protoculture ruins, nyan. Lord Rail believes Brinsingrs being the latest protoculture seeds are the rightful heirs and not the humans, nyan.
    The conflicting discussion about who use the dimensional weapon has appeared in the show. Anyway, below the ruins are lots of water that is distributed and used by the military personnel. And there are windermerean apples again. Guess why. The team has disabled all security and wonder why there's an alarm. Guess why. Mirage, Hayate and Freyja are caught.

Sailor Moon Crystal ep33
    Upon hearing Pluto's word Sailor Moon transforms into Serenity. The outer senshis pledge their filth to her. They recite their mission to protect from enemies from other dimensions etc. but they were reborn too late and earth was invaded. They insist on completing their mission by themselves. They are confident because of their greater special powers and items. Michiru says Uranus is both man and woman. Chibiusa thinks Pluto is now much more powerful than before...
    A picture of Hotaru's mother (her adult self)! Everyone expects Chibiusa to spy on Hotaru and father which troubles her. Chibiusa has a movie date with Hotaru. Arriving at Hotaru;s home she happens to see Hotaru's artificial right arm. Actually, her whole body is no longer human. Chibiusa runs off. Hataru has another attack where she sees images of the outers. Meanwhile Cyprine releases "snow" which enslaves people. She goes after Michiru and Haruka to bring them back. At level 999 she easily beats the outers.
    She brainwashes everyone to fight each other. Sailor Moon is unaffected. The bunny family combines and calls forth the Calice....
    Chibiusa ED o.0
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/23/2016, 5:23 pm

Laughing
    I think you mean their fidelity,pledging their filth to her sounds like they're pledging their garbage:
    "In the name of the Moon I will punish you with this Hefty Bag filled with my junk!"

Been awhile because the computer was in the shop getting worked on. Last Monday I saw The GIn Rei Special subbed and tonight is Rorouni Kenhin dubbed. AFAIG: I've reached the semi-final arch on Angelic Layer. Yesterday was a filler that had Misaki and Hotako's brother Kotaro
    on a date. Next episode Misaki goes against Kaede and Hotako goes against Sai.

I think it's going to be hard to root against Kaede since she comes across as really sweet and kind.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/25/2016, 2:00 pm

Sunday I finished what I had of Stellvia. The second wave comes and it looks like at first the Plan is going to work until an asteroid breaks through and heads toward earth.
    The Prep students get the Infiniti ready...

Monday watched the dub of the Rurouni Kenshin episode featuring the finale of the battle between Kenshin and Shishio. Meanwhile Kaoru waits patiently but nervously for Kenshin to return.
    Also saw the Outake reel. Laughing

Tuesday episode 2 of Brynhildr in the Darkness in the episode it is revealed that Kuhora
    can barely read at all. She sounds out the words but gets them wrong.
    Later when Muarakami is looking for her he meets Kana for the first time.Kuhora explains that her
    paralysis is a result of what the lab did to them.
    They talk about Kaneda being taken briefly and she is shown in the back of a half track as
    Murakami is walking up the hill going the other way.
    So if the plug at the back of the girls' necks is pulled they die?
    Now I wonder if the girls are going to be introduced an episode at a time and if so which will be next.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/1/2016, 7:11 pm

Monday I watched the episode of Utakata where Ichika and her friends go to the hospital with the wreaths subbed. It's become one of my favorite episodes. I like the way that it shows Ichika trying to contain her darker side when she uses the djinn and failing. That she is very aware of what she is doing and wants to stop herself from doing it but can't is a sign that she isn't too far gone.

Tuesday episode 3 of Brynhyldr in the Darkness this episode introduces both Kazumi (the pink hared girl) and the Lab. Not much known about the latter yet and the main baddies just get a cameo as they send Saori to do the dirty work. So the girls bleed if they don't get their pills which is one of the ways that The Lab controls the witches it creates.
    This episode also reveals that every time she uses her power Kahoru looses more of her memories.
    It also doesn't end too well with her being cut in half by Saori. Though the last words are Kana's
    revealing something about the fourth lever on the pump on the back of the witches' necks.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/3/2016, 1:10 pm

Wednesday episode 1 of the Magic Users Club OVA. I can see where Sae is going to be my favorite character here. This was a lot of fun,especially when it comes to the flying. Nanaka looked
    like she really didn't wanna be flying around with the others. Akane only gets a brief cameo as she's seen in a car. So the bishie of the series according to wiki is gay.
    It really has an interesting lineage since the staff including people who worked on Sailor Moon,
    Princess Tutu, Macross Plus,etc.
    Of course a couple of those titles weren't around when Magic Users Club was created. Still
    interesting that...

Thursday episode 7 of GITS:SAC 2nd GIG. This is the episode where Section 9 is given orders to go into the area containing the Refugees in order to retrieve nukes that were recovered there.
    The ending where it's revealed that the whole thing was a red herring and they were being used as
    a decoy is especially bitter considering that to get through they had to fight a bloody battle with
    a armed gang.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/6/2016, 1:42 pm

Friday episode 11 of Please Twins. Only two episodes left now. So the mystery of which is
    Miaku's twin sister has finally be solved as Karin finds their mother's old diary and discovers not only is
    she the twin but also Mina is the girl in the picture. Somewhere I read that Mina was actually their cousin which explained why she has the same odd eye color. But I couldn't find where I read it.
    Supposedly it's in the manga and not in the anime where this comes out.
    Anywho: Karin wants to go out on a date with her new found brother before she tells the others.
    When she does Mina runs off and Maiku goes after her.

Saturday episode 14 of Angelic Layer. This basically is split into two parts. The first part deals with Shuko and Icchan developing Angelic Layer as part of the process to develop a prothetic device
    to help people like Shuko. The second half continues the battle between Blanche and Hikaru.
    Misaki can't understand why a gentle and kind person like Kaede would make her doll suffer so much.
    But Kaede explains that she can hear Blance's voice telling her that she doesn't want to give up, even though she suffers a lot of pain.

It's interesting to note that Kaede is said to look like Minoru's sister in Chobits and there has been some speculation that the two are the same person. Though I think not. The reason being is that
    this Kaede is shown to be an only child. It probably was that CLAMP simply liked the character design and decided to reuse it. That and it could be they were cousins or some how related.

Sunday episode 1 of the Utareruwamono OVA I also saw the first episode of the picture drama.
    That I saw in the English dub which was pretty good. The other in the sub. The picture drama tells how
    Urotori and Karula originally met and became friends. It takes place during the first OVA episode,which tells about a baby that's left at the capital and Urotori ends up taking care of it.
    Unfortunately her maternal instincts kick in and when Dori is sent to tell her that the parents have come for their daughter,she runs off.
    It climaxes with Karula and Urotori having an epic battle(never mess with the Priestess!).
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/8/2016, 1:20 pm

Re-watched the Cutie Honey 2004 live action movie on Monday. Now that I have seen the 1973 original anime series I enjoyed it even more. There were things I didn't get the first couple times watching because the movie was the only version of Cutie Honey that I had seen; however now that I have seen the 1973 series, it all clicks. They even got Seiji right,well except for the fact that in the original anime he never worked for NSA. He was just a newspaper reporter.
    I think Nat-chan is from Re:Cutie Honey though, so there seems to have been a mixing of
    the various versions going on.
    Also it is kinda creepy the way that Hideki Anno looks like Gendo! Laughing

Tuesday episode 4 of Brynhyldr in the Darkness: Saori kills Muramaki but not before he stabs her in the heart forcing her to use her Time Manipulation in order to stop herself from dying.
    This means that they return minutes before either Kuroha or Murakami are killed and it weakens
    Saori in the process.
    Murakami tries to convince her to switch sides but she says she can't because they planted a homing beacon in her harness. At the lab Ikkuji operates the plug by remote control killing her. At the same time Murakami and Kuroha see a creature that he immediately freaks her out. He steps on it.
    On the way back to the observatory Kuroha gives a computer and test tube to Murakami saying they swiped it when they escaped.
    At the observatory they find Kasumi with Kanna.
    Later Kasumi teaches Murakami about giving him a 'boob fee' at the hot springs as she pushes him into Kuroha.
    At school the next day they find out that Kasumi will be joining them. She hacked into the school's computer and has registered herself as a new transfer.
    Later she tells Murakami she really is part-German which is why faking a transfer from a Austrian school was so easy.
    Unknown to them Ikkuji has sent a spy to watch them in the form of innocent looking Kotori.

Thoughts: 1. Ikkuji is finally named in this episode and seems to be working for an unnamed as of now organization. He also claims that there were 28 Witches that escaped but the majority have either been captured or killed.
    2. So my thought that the girls were going to be introduced one episode at a time seems to be correct here, as Kotori is the last to be introduced.
    3. Speaking of which I wonder how much her spying for Ikkuji is out of loyalty and how much is out of fear since when she is first seen she is pleading for her life.
    4.She's also rated AA+ according to Ikkuji which means all 3 renegade Witches together
    wouldn't be able to defeat her.
    5. Murakami's memories of seeing Kuroneko's birth marks on Kuroha are erased after Saori
    replays time.
    6. Kasumi doesn't say which parent was German, but since she has a German last name it's a good bet it's her father.She also indicates she grew up or spent some time growing up in Germany as she compares Japanese prep schools unfavorably to the German ones she attended.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/10/2016, 1:10 pm

So I broke down and e-mailed Rightstuf yesterday and they said the order was just shipped, so should get it some time next week, I hope.

Wed. watched episode 2 of Magic User's Club OVA. This one introduced Miyama, the big breasted
    president of the manga club and the rival of the Magic User's Club.
    It's also the first time we actually see Akane use some magic as she puts a spell on Miyama so that flowers continually sprout on her head.
    The aliens take note of this and want to examine Miyama more closely.
    So despite themselves The Magic User's Club comes to her rescue.
    This episode also introduces Sae's mysterious mentor and starts with her dreaming of when she got her beloved teddy bear.

Thursday finished off what I have of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig with episode 8. Section 9 covertly delves into the past of the government official they've been working with; also clues lead them to a possible suspect in the Indiviual Eleven case. Unfortunately he is
    shot and killed before they can arrest and interrogate him.

Next week: the dub of Devil Lady starting with episode 6, I just wish that it was still available
    as I need just vol.1 and 3 to complete the series.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/13/2016, 1:52 pm

Friday was the final regular episode of Please Twins, so episode 13 is the OVA or extra.
    Anyways: Karin gets a bit overly possessive and clingy after discovering that Miaku is indeed her
    older twin brother. Mina decides to run off, but Miszuho and the gang have other plans for the Trio.
    They sent it up so the three of them are forced to reconcile at the train station before Mina has a chance to take off.
    The ED shows the everyday life of all the characters: including Ichigo taking a candidate shot of
    Kaede( Please Teacher) and Karin fainting when she sees Miaku and Mina together.
    Also there are a bunch of stills including one with Kei and Mizuho kissing.

Saturday episode 15 of Angelic Layer. This was one of the coolest battles ever so far.
    Sei vs. Hatoko. During the battle both dolls just stood there at first like they were in an Old Western
    (tm). Then they attacked. Both were pretty equal except because of her shorter reach Suzuka came out the loser.
    Afterwards Misaki tried to console Hatoko who told her to go ahead and win for them both because
    she couldn't keep her own promise of meeting Misaki in the finals.
    Meanwhile Shuko is feeling better and everyone discusses what it will be like if she's forced to meet
    her daughter in the finals.

Sunday episode 2 of the Utareruwamono OVA plus episode 2 of the Picture Drama.
    In the Picture Drama Urotori's story of how she and Kurela met continues as she tells of the epic
    fight they got into. At the end she reveals that she was "chastised" by the older members of her
    legation while Kurela was forced to wear a rather 'cute outfit'.
    After she leaves Hakouro calls Kurela out,since he was aware she'd been there all along and
    she adds that Urotori got her behind really whipped because of their fight! Laughing
    The OVA episode was really hilarious because it involved two henchmen kidnapping Elululu
    to make a potion to help their mistress who was in love.
    Then Alululu gets kidnapped too,and it turns out the person the mistress was in love with was:
    Kurou, Benawi's second(which was a relief to poor Elululu who has enough competition for
    Hakuorou's affection as it is!)
    Any ways it turns out not to be so much a youth potion has a hair restorant!

And before I close I just had to look up the Brynhyldr in the Darkness wikia to see about
    Kotori, looks like both me and Kana were wrong about her being the Vingulf spy.
    Also this is by the same folks that gave us Elfen Lied which explains a lot..
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 206
    Imperial Credits : 7490
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 on 6/13/2016, 2:20 pm

I am not watching nearly as much material myself. I am about to start watching Sakamoto Desu Ga ? and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. I have a lot to catch up on, but hey let's see what's going down.

Oh and I remember seeing Angelic Layer ages ago. I should re-watch that as I re-watch the Seikai series.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/15/2016, 1:34 pm

Well this is my first time watching it and it's quite a lot of fun. I also have the first half of Chobits
    so the connection between the two is interesting.

Monday I re-watched episode 11 of Fushigi Yuugi for my Sub/Dub night and saw it dubbed.
    You have to be sympathetic to Yui a bit considering what she seemingly had been through. Plus also
    Miaka has bad timing when it comes to confessing her love to Tamahome.
    I was thinking it through afterwards and decided that even if Yui had escaped with the others and was
    accepted by the rest of the Suzaku Seven there is no way of knowing whether or not the people of
    Kohon would welcome her.

Tuesday episode 5 of Byrnhyldr in the Dark, so it turns out that Kotori wasn't the bad guy after all, rather it's a new Witch called Kiriko who's the AA+. She shows up mid point as she is chasing another level B Witch called Shino.
    Kazumi continues her teasing of Murakami, but gets serious when he asks her about Kuroha's memories.
    The main part of the episode is the Astronomy Club going out on an excursion to view the stars.
    btw: There does seem to be a bit of a similarity between Kotori and a certain member of Haruhi's
    SOS Brigade in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. (Personality and certain assets.)
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/17/2016, 1:28 pm

Wednesday I watched episode 3 of Magic Users' Club OVA. This had the club start out trying to
    shrink an apple but can't get anywhere until Akane shows up. Of course the club president has another
    of his wild perverted fantasies! Laughing
    Then they manage to shrink the apple but the president eats it and shrinks himself!
    Later on Akane is stalked by an alien probe and winds up being abducted. The rest of the club have to go and save her.
    This happens after Sae has a talk to her about the importance of knowing why she wants to be
    a 'Magic Girl'.
    In the end Sae and Nanako wind up rescuing everyone.
    Next week looks like the ubi1uitous beach episode.

Thursday re-watched Devil Lady episode 6. Since I have neither ADV's volume 1 or 3 this is the first one I have in the collection. This is also the first time I have been through it totally dubbed,so
    will defer my final opinion until I have seen it all.
    Anyhows: this is the one where Jun is asked out by a rival model only to discover that: 1) she blames Jun for not getting the modelling jobs she wanted and 2) has been stalking her for quite some time( rather creepy as Jun discovers she has pics of her in a photo album including candid shots of her
    changing in a dressing room). Eventually the other model transforms into a Cat creature and attacks Jun who transforms into her Devil Lady guise.
    They fight until Jun literally squeezes the life out of her.

Thoughts: Was Asuka's comment to Jun about the other model or Kazumi?
    The English language dub seems to be more overt about Jun's probable sexuality than
    the original Japanese which is at best subtle in addressing it.
    Knowing what Asuka is now...well you can tell...which makes her point of appearances being deceptive a bit ironic now since she could just as easily have been talking about herself.
    Poor Kazumi knowing what happens to her and where she ends up kinda makes
    watching her kinda depressingly sad now.But I think having watched it before, especially in the original Japanese also adds depth to watching it now in the English.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/20/2016, 2:00 pm

Friday episode 13 of Please Twins, this is basically the extra that was added on as an epilog to the rest of the series.
    Basically Miaku wants some peace and quiet but Karin won't let him get it, so he winds up camping out.
    But that doesn't help as the girls and the rest of the gang show up as well.
    It turns into a day at the beach(literally) and even Miaku is enjoying himself.
    Unfortunately he remembers his deadline and Ichigo helps but guarding the tent for him so he can get some work done.
    That night everyone pairs off, and it seems to be a peaceful time at last until a ghost girl appears from nowhere!
    The end of the episode is a time skip of about a couple weeks as everyone is back in class.
    The girls(Karin and Mina)are talking during free period when they hear another girl confess to
    Maiku. Renewing their pact they race off to stop the competition.

Saturday episode 16 of Angelic Layer, this starts with a flashback to when Sei's younger sister was alive and the promise she made to her about winning Angelic Layer. Then it goes to the
    battle between Team Sei/Sirihime vs. Team Misaki/Hikaru. At first it looks like Sirihime has the advantage over Hikaru because of her light weight, which makes it impossible for Hikaru to score
    any damages against her heavier opponent.
    Fortunately for Misaki the contest is at the ocean this time so she has Hikaru make Sirihime chase her
    to the point where she can use a judo throw to her opponent into the water.
    This then gives her the advantage since as a ligher weight doll she has more buoyancy.
    Misaki uses this to defeat Sei and go on to the Nationals.
    Later Sei talks to Kaede about how the other was always smiling but the latter tells her that's only because she allowed herself to cry.

Sunday episode 3 of the Utawareruwamono OVA and also picture drama.
    In the picture drama Elululu is away shopping with Touka and so Hakouro (who has a cold)
    is left to the tender mercies of the mini-trio: Arurur,Camus and Yazuha! Laughing Laughing
    Yeah...you can guess what happens...
    In the OVA episode Hakouro is fishing with Touka and tells her the particular stream they're fishing in as a guardian that others have tried to catch with fail.
    When Benawi comes to take Hakouro he jokingly orders Touka to stay with Aruru and catch the
    guardian.
    Unfortunately that is what she does try to do!
    She eventually catches the fish but Arururu gets swept down stream and so Touka has to rescue her.
    Then they get lost and Touka turns out to be no good at basic forest survival but Arururu fortunately is!
    To make it even shorter Oboro goes out looking for them with Dori living a sad Gura behind.
    The Real Guardian then shows up and in trying to attack it Oboro gets slimed. Laughing
    Thanks to Mururu Touka gets her sword back and defeats it.
    Everyone returns triumphantly but smelly to the castle.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/22/2016, 1:10 pm

Re-watched the compilation movie:Gundam Seed: Faraway Dawn on Monday night. Basically
    the middle of GS spliced together. The problem of course with any compilation movies is that
    a good deal of the plot is taken out in order to keep up with time constraints and as a result there are
    unfortunate plot holes and time skips.
    Overall though despite this I really love Faraway Dawn because Seed is my second
    favorite Gundam after Wing, Plus Tanaka Rei as Lacus doesn't get any better. Very Happy

Tuesday saw episode 6 of Brynhyldr in the Darkness. So it turns out that Kana's forecast was
    only partially right. The reason why she saw Kahoru tied up and Kotori smiling was because Kotori
    had planned to take Kahoru's place and sacrifice herself in the first altered forecast( in the original
    Kana sees both Murakami and Kahoru dead but Kotori's plans altered it). But Murakami realizes
    something about Kotori's powers which alters the final outcome as he manages to convince her
    to trade places with Kiriko instead of Kahoru,so he can turn off the former's harness.
    Later on the gang as a picnic(after Murakami accidentally walks in on the girls topless and gets called a pervert by Kazumi again...poor guy as the unluck to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to that! Laughing ) Murakami says he knows someone who can help the girls with their
    pill supply problem but the guy's a bit sketchy.
    He takes Koharu with him as proof because the guy doesn't believe in the paranormal or supernatural.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/24/2016, 1:14 pm

Starting Ikki-tousen:Dragon Destiny Vol.2 tonight with episode 5.

Wed. watched episode 4 of Magic Users Club OVA. The gang goes to the beach to practice.
    The club president and Sae are forced to partake in a magic act by the manga club president.
    There's also a flashback that shows how the manga club president has been the nemesis of the
    magic club's since literally they were in diapers!
    It all ends with a campfire and of course magic!

Th. re-watched episode 7 of Devil Lady dubbed. Jun remembers when she was a little girl and her grandfather told her the story of the fog monster to scare her.
    In the present she has to battle a monster that uses the cover of fog to kill. Asuka gets on her back because of her failure at first, but she's able to come back and recover enough for a re-match.
    But the monster is also able to use Giga mode like Jun.
    In the end the wallet of that belonged to the man is found and Jun is grieved to know she had to kill another human being.
    But Asuka tells her after he transformed his wife and son were the first he killed.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/27/2016, 2:03 pm

Friday episode 5 of Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny. It's kinda hard to know what's happening when you start in the middle of things,but then again since this was the only volume available...
    Anywhos:
    Ryomou ends up getting her butt kicked by another girl who uses bow and arrows and then stabs her
    with a blade. She manages some how to make it to Hakufu's house where the latter is about to go all into Dragon Mode when she sees what happened and hears Ryomou's story.
    Fortunately Goei manages to calm her daughter down with a good chop to the back of the shoulder.
    Meanwhile the glasses girl from season 1 has her own problems with a male opponent.

Saturday episode 17 of Angelic Layer. Misaki has to make up her mind as to who will be her
    second at the upcoming Nationals. It's made harder for her when everyone shows up to wish her
    good luck and to celebrate her victory in the Regionals. Meanwhile Shuko decides to visit but when she sees her daughter with her friends tells Shoko that she'll wait until the Nationals.
    Misaki's decision is finally made easier for her when Ringo's pet hamster runs away and she and
    Hotako team up to find it in her room. As Kaede says, Hotako was the logical choice all along.
    At the end even Alice and Madoka and the gang from Princess Piffle show up!

Sunday Detective Conan case 77: a classic closed room mystery as the owner and operator of a local loan institution is found poisoned in his office.Conan deduces that the murderer used bleach to try to wipe away the evidence.When caught the murderess confesses she did it because of what happened to her boyfriend.
    comment: Richard is the one who points out that the victim was poisoned,as he indicates the
    man's fingernails.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/29/2016, 1:17 pm

Monday re-watched the dub of episode 3 of Melty Lancer: Slyvie and Sakuya are invited to a
    party that is interrupted when the Vanessars take everyone hostage in order to impress Iyonesco.
    Melvina discovers the real reason for Melty Lancer's resurrection: TPTB want them to be the scapegoat
    if the cabal's plot fails.
    I always kick myself that I never got the second half, as it really is a gem of a OVA series.

Tuesday episode 7 of Brynhyldr in the Darkness: Murakami learns that the pills can't be replicated in less than half a year and has to give the girls the bad news. Kazumi decides to go with him to Akhibara and he has to remind her that it isn't a date!
    Kuroha goes out for karoke with friends from school.
    In Akhibara Murakami activates the Ipad and gets a message in German that Kazumi interprets for him.If he kills the witches and comes to the place indicated on the map he'll learn the truth.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/1/2016, 1:17 pm

Wed. I watched episode 5 of Magic Users Club OVA, in it the club members all try to do a spell
    on their own with various interesting results.Probably the most interesting was Akane being able to
    create an astral doppleganger of herself.Nanaka also gets the courage to confess her love to the
    bishie gay member of the club(didn't she know he was gay?).
    At the end Sae gets kidnapped by the aliens,but the club president's attempts to save her are
    thwarted.

Th. re-watched episode 8 of Devil Lady dubbed. This is the one that introduces Dr.Jason Bates, the American Devil Man. Since he's American his accent actually makes sense.
    The other plot is about a sportscaster who uses his position as a way to proclaim the superiority of
    the Beasts.
    At first Jun is successful in throwing him around( he turns out to be pretty weak despite his claims)
    but remembers her date with Jason and the Beast's former humanity catches her off guard.
    Jason/Devil Man comes to the rescue.
    Afterward Asuka lays it in on Jun.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/4/2016, 1:18 pm

episode 6 of Ikki-tousen: Dragon Destiny on Friday. This one centered around Kan-u and a couple of her disciples. The glasses girl is just as goofy and ditzy as Hakufu!

Saturday episode 18 of Angelic Layer. Sai versus a blonde half-Japanese girl with the last name of MacKenzie! Sirahime wins because Kaede reminds Sai that she can uses hyper mode like Blance.
    Next episode: Hikaru's first National's match.

Sunday episode episode 82 of Case Closed. A bank robbery is a smoke screen for revenge.
    Rachel's friend Serena becomes Conan puppet du jour.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/6/2016, 1:22 pm

Monday re-watched episode 5 of Kashimashi. This is the midpoint of the show and where the plot really starts to come together. We're finally past the whole Hasumu's sudden sex change and getting into Yasuna's subplot. This is the episode where she explains why she turned down Hasumu when she was still a boy. It's also a bit bittersweet to realize that Yasuna really did have feelings for her when she was a he, but rejected him because she was afraid of what would happen. It also ends with "The Kiss"
    that we see from the beginning of episode 1.

Tuesday episode 8 of Brynhyldr in the Darkness. Kazumi helps Murakami locate the place indicated on the message. When he gets there he discovers that the church where the meeting was to have been has already been destroyed.Unfortunately the police arrive and he is arrested, but Koruha
    and Kotori arrive to interfere and remind him that they work better as a team.
    Meanwhile Murakami's uncle ( I thought he was his cousin from the last episode or so) discovers that the phial Murakami gave him was in fact an alien egg.
    The Organization sends a new Witch to find Koruha and the others: Nanami.

By what they tell her it's pretty clear that Nanami is on the same sort of lease as Saori.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 7/26/2017, 12:39 pm