Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Random Thought

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2413
    Imperial Credits : 13121
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Re: Random Thought

Post by Almael on 6/28/2009, 9:28 pm

AlexT wrote:Ok, then why don't they modify their bodies even further then - why keep 100% humanoid form and not alter it to increase efficiency? Replace human eyes with spider like, 4 arms etc? Smile

Spider eyes aren't the best known eyes on earth. Cancer has the best for 3D hunting as the eyes can do visual triangulation. Octopus eyes are the best overall, while eagle eyes are the sharpest.
    Well, in order to have 4 arms that human would need a new designed skeleton. His upper body would be heavier, the center of gravity would be higher. He would tumble easier, and therefore, cannot run as fast as a normal human. To control the extra arms he would have to use more brain mass for motor control, hence, his intelligence will be reduced. If the brain increases in mass the pathways would increase lowering reaction and thought speed, hence, decreases intelligence, but increases memory and association. geek

AlexT wrote:
    It's usualy not too accurate, so i heard.

But to be effective it need superior voice identification capabilities as well since i can walk into any shop and buy pre-paid phone/card without any registration or register it on any name.

Or did i miss something, you must present your ID to get phone these days?

alarming CIA/FBI every time you say "bomb" or "Allah" Laughing

Accuracy here depends on the distance of the antennas being distributed, usually the area is small enough for quick closes off.

Echelon can do the voice stuff easily, besides each phone has an ID of its own. And its possible to activate any phone (without the user's knowledge) to send tracking signals.
    It's also no problem to crack phone encryption. For these reasons the terrorists don't use any phones any more.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 667
    Imperial Credits : 7788
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv on 6/28/2009, 9:48 pm

The new AT&T, more bars in more places. Razz

Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 6713
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach on 6/29/2009, 2:08 am

Even thou Michael Jackson was wired, I still like his music and just like rest of world will miss him. However, hollywood really need see this as wake call stop taking so many pills and get their act together while here on earth. Finally, I really need get bed early it really effect me at work.
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Post by lymhfeubdach on 7/3/2009, 2:01 am

I'am just been so busy at work and these crazy hours drive me up the wall. I will be fine, just need some rest and day clear my head.
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Post by lymhfeubdach on 7/9/2009, 1:51 am

I have nothing against Mr. Jackson, but feel the media just needs to move on. There really no new information about the man's death and hate how some people making him into a God. MJ was human like everyone else and just allow way too many personal demons in his mind.
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 7698

Post by AlexT on 7/13/2009, 10:12 am

Being human is not easy Rolling Eyes As for demons - it's not like you allow em, they are born of quite positive things more often than of any evil intentions.

I'm finally fully back from business trip which turned to be a success.cheers I decided i should reward myself for it and finaly buy myself a new car maybe, just can't figure out what i want. It's a shame they closing Chrysler Sad I liked so many cars they make.. I better hurry and check car shops...
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Post by lymhfeubdach on 7/14/2009, 2:26 am

I'am overweight and decide to update my current workouts and try go bed early. I hear by going to bed (plus eating right) helps you lose weight. I plan get back project like cosplay and seikai comic strips, so want go crazy know back-to-school season has start at work.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/14/2009, 2:21 pm

I hope to see some progress in the costplay thread.

Duo came back last week and started doing some Seikai 4 translation editing and discussion. Although, I wrote my thoughts on those edits a day later, the work seem to have halted once again. ryuou is missing recently (his brother came back) and animejunkie hasn't shown up, so it will take some more time to get it finished.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 667
    Imperial Credits : 7788
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv on 7/14/2009, 4:52 pm

I'm feeling like I'm getting a cold... also overweight.
    Trying to get in some guitar parts.
    Trying to get a HTPC keyboard...
    Trying to fix a ceiling...
    Trying to get around to model conversions...

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/15/2009, 3:58 pm

It's nearly flu time, so you should check that, hopefully it's not swine flu.
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 6850
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart on 7/23/2009, 11:53 am

Getting ready to move to some dorms...but I have to move my aunt down here first.

I really hate that bitch; kind of hope she buys a plane ticket so I don't have to stay with her for 8 hours in the same car.

>_<
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2265
    Imperial Credits : 10462
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/27/2009, 2:07 pm

Speaking of health,I have to go to the doctor next Tuesday at 1 for my annual check up and bloodletting.That means I don't eat until sometime around 2ish.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/27/2009, 9:56 pm

I hate those periodic examinations. Everytime you have to let some blood. Mostly it's unnecessary, but they just do it at any opportunity. Healthcare shouldn't have give them the opportunity to make business out of this. Evil or Very Mad

Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts : 2
    Imperial Credits : 6028
    Registration date : 2009-07-20

Post by 2584 on 7/28/2009, 3:52 pm

Trying to get myself arranged for more fan fiction but it's not easy. And hello everyone. Very Happy
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/28/2009, 8:03 pm

2584 wrote:Trying to get myself arranged for more fan fiction but it's not easy. And hello everyone. Very Happy

You can say that again.
    Oh, and welcome here. cheers
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Post by lymhfeubdach on 7/29/2009, 2:51 am

Inventory is over at my store and we did well then even other store. Now time get gear for all those back-to-schools at work, oh boy what fun I'am going to have this year.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2265
    Imperial Credits : 10462
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/29/2009, 11:23 am

Well with me I have to have my blood tested every year because of the medicine I have to take.
    As far as fanfiction goes,one of the best I have ever read was "The Doctor And The Enterprise" where Captain Kirk and the Enterprise crew meet up with a certain Time Lord.
    Two more days until we go to Spokane and I can get to look for Buso Renkin.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/29/2009, 12:47 pm

Uh, what's with all this submarine uproar of recent news?
    It's not like they were something new.

Nuclear leakage ...well, the japanese reactors haven't been much better in recent years
    Indian nuclear sub
    Russian sub encounters of the rare sort

Edit:And people get worried after two decades of development?
    Look at the robo eye brows

Flying at Mach 2 without harm crap.
    If you don't lose your arm at speeds higher than 100 mph or 150 km/h, then you're lucky.

Anyway, I'm going to post a small part of SNS4 chapter 8 soon, but it hasen't been reviewed yet.

Edit: Done!
    Look here
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 7/31/2009, 7:19 am

Hmm... speaking of SNS4, is there any official graphix made after SNS3? Manga, book covers, illustrations - whatever?
    I started collecting pics other than characters and ships - interiors, exteriors, small details, everyday items etc.

Almael,
    I hate those periodic examinations
    Endure it, it's important. I remember i once caught some skin deasease i didn't pay attention too - good thing they noticed it during examination. Small desease may become deadly before you notice. I'm not even talking about stuff like influenza or malaria, parasites..

Speaking of health - Just about 2 weeks ago one of our business associate died unexpectedly. Cancer of pancreas not detected in time. It completely stopped our advance in a
    new field of work related to underwater stuff. Now i wish we had more work of this type - we coul probably hire men of his small company who are mostly ex-millitary divers. Good ppl, shame to see em siting without work.

2584, New fan fics is always good so arrange yourself asap cheers
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/31/2009, 1:45 pm

AlexT wrote:Hmm... speaking of SNS4, is there any official graphix made after SNS3? Manga, book covers, illustrations - whatever?
    I started collecting pics other than characters and ships - interiors, exteriors, small details, everyday items etc.

SNS3 CD#1, SNS3 CD#2 I dunno if there are more...
    Edit: SNS (theatric CDs), Radio version same

Well, we don't really have an up to date list of items. Acid was the only one who collected, and created an extensive list at AN, but his list is years old...
    We really need a newer list.

Edit: BTW. you were looking for the paper game, which can be found here (version 7)
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 8/3/2009, 5:03 am

Hunting season is almost open, i'm invited and thinking if i should go. I never felt good about killing animals. Not those which ain't dangerous (i.e. can't shoot back) Very Happy. But someone explained to me a while back that it's a must to kill certain amount of ducks otherwise their population will overgrow and cause troubles.
    I'm probably getting soft - watch Animal Planet too much i guess Sad

P.S. Almael, is there any poetry or song in Abh language in books/manga or other sources?
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 8/3/2009, 1:35 pm

AlexT wrote:Not those which ain't dangerous (i.e. can't shoot back) Very Happy. But someone explained to me a while back that it's a must to kill certain amount of ducks otherwise their population will overgrow and cause troubles.
    I agree, there is only bloodlust or gun crazyness aside from population control. It often is not even a hunting, you just wait somewhere or you have hounds chasing them out for shooting. The only worthy thing you can get out of this is to experience the effect of weapons, for good or for worst. Something the noobish troops in the war of terror should have been told, but well I guess if you aren't member of some spec unit you won't know...

AlexT wrote:
    P.S. Almael, is there any poetry or song in Abh language in books/manga or other sources?
    At AN you can take a look at the Imperial anthem. I don't remember from where it was.
    I think there was a poem somewhere in Cots.
    In Bots there is at least Samson's poem.
    In Bots II there maybe Jinto's song and his poem in the novel.
    Maybe there is more in the Baronh language book by Morioka or the books to the animations. I think those are not in print anymore.
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 8/3/2009, 3:35 pm

If you see a song or poem - let me know or even better - post it here, ok? I have some crazy idea... Smile

Almael, feeling philosophical? Wink Reminds me of a quote:
    Spoiler:
    "you can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder
    you beat a man the taller he stands. To break a mans will, to break
    his spirit you have to break his mind. Men have this idea that they
    can fight with dignity, that there is a proper way to kill
    someone...it's absurd, it's anaesthetic. We need that idea to endure
    the bloody horror of murder. You must destroy this idea. Show him what
    a messy, terrible thing it is to kill a man...and show him that you
    relish in it. shoot the wound, then execute the wounded, burn them,
    take them in close combat. destroy any preconceptions as to what a man
    is and you become their personal monster...when they fear you, you
    become stronger, you become better. but let's never forget, it's a
    display, a posture, like a lions roar or a guerilla thumping at his
    chest. if you lose yourself in the display, if you succumb to the
    horror. you become the monster - not more of a man, but less...and it
    can be fatal."

It's not that type of hunting - you hunt ducks in a very rushy lake, on the boat. You either shoot duck while it's in the water but usualy they get scared as you get close so they fly away and you have couple of sec to shoot 1-2. Usualy you have 2 shots of 12g and you hit 1-2 among all those that take off. Of course ppl i know often hunt with something like this:
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7720/saiga12isp02eu7.jpg, http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9882/saiga12sisp3009ak8.jpg - it's not AK but automatic 12g rifle based on it's design and is called "Saiga". It's availible in wide range of versions, cheap and widely popular here. Not elegant enough for me - i'll take scoped rifle. Smile The only problem is not to get shot with all the camouflage by other hunters Razz
    Judge asks "when did you realize that there's another hunter in a bush and not a moose?" "When moose started to shoot back!" says the accused.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 8/3/2009, 5:05 pm

AlexT wrote:If you see a song or poem - let me know or even better - post it here, ok? I have some crazy idea... Smile
    Will see....It will be easier to lookup the anime than the novels, though.
    Ho, so your peotry blood is showing now. I knew you had talent there.

AlexT wrote:
    Almael, feeling philosophical? Wink Reminds me of a quote:
    Often, but by the time I write it down I'm onto something else...one reason I can't write too long on something.

Quoting nietsche again or is it one of those atheists?

AlexT wrote:
    it's not AK but automatic 12g rifle based on it's design and is called "Saiga". It's availible in wide range of versions, cheap and widely popular here. Not elegant enough for me - i'll take scoped rifle. Smile
    I heard about this once...it's better for fire rate than normal shotgun.
    Anyway, why would you need a scope for a shotgun?
    Even for a rifle up to 100 m an iron sight is good enough for a quick shot (at partial hidden targets). My eye sight isn't good but I need only 5 s for anything below 200 m without a scope for anything human.

AlexT wrote:
    The only problem is not to get shot with all the camouflage by other hunters Razz
    Judge asks "when did you realize that there's another hunter in a bush and not a moose?" "When moose started to shoot back!" says the accused.
    Yeah, that was hilarious, but you have to admit he did hit, although, not quite in the right spot. Laughing
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 8/3/2009, 6:43 pm

Almael wrote:Will see....It will be easier to lookup the anime than the novels, though.
    Ho, so your peotry blood is showing now. I knew you had talent there.
    You bet, though i mostly "consume" it in form of music lyrics these days. And I just thought it would be cool to have a song of sort in Baronh.. I checked a few episodes but found nothing usefull so far..
    Quoting nietsche again or is it one of those atheists?
    It's mystical mr. "Jackal", the arms dealer in Africa, present in FarCry 2. You collect his tapes there and listen to revelations he make to some journalist. The quotes definately taken from elsewhere. And since it's the same thing my H.C. struggle with in story so i kept it on my "hot quotes" list Smile
    I heard about this once...it's better for fire rate than normal shotgun.
    Anyway, why would you need a scope for a shotgun?
    Even for a rifle up to 100 m an iron sight is good enough for a quick shot (at partial hidden targets). My eye sight isn't good but I need only 5 s for anything below 200 m without a scope for anything human.
    Not for shotgun - usualy ppl do not adress shotgun as rifle... but maybe it's another tricky thing for me to learn in English? study Rifle is thing that shoot bullets and shotgun fire shells, right, or there's no clear rule?
    Anyway - i'd better stay home and watch "concept painting with Ryan Church" instead of getting dirty in some mud i had enough foir lifetime, but friends insist so looks like i'm going in about 16th this month.Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10/20/2017, 1:08 am