Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

A Seikai Fanfiction Idea

Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Number of posts : 47
    Imperial Credits : 6242
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

A Seikai Fanfiction Idea

Post by Jinto on 4/28/2009, 1:08 pm

I have had this idea of a seikai fanfiction cross-over for a while now but I am not really sure how to proceed with it because I have only got to watch the series once and my friend did not return it before we graduated HS.

I want to make it a COS/BOS crossed with SG1 series. But as I said above I am not really sure where I want it to go or write it because story writting has not been a strong point for me.

But what I was thinking was having a fleet of Abh ships get pulled into a plane space annomaly and some how get transported to the SG universe. Have them set up a small base of operations for a short while to try and figure out what is going on and how they got there. I am thinking of having them appear near either a minor gauld or maybe near a asguard world. Again not really sure which would be better to have for the story. I could just have the Asguard investigate the area the distoration happened and stumble apon the Abh fleet. Also does anyone know how large a normal Abh war fleet is supply ships included and the amount of each ship types. Also what admrial should I have in command of the fleet? I think maybe Admrial Trife, Admrial Dosanyou, or Admrial Spoor but not sure or would it be better to have two Admrials there and have Dosanyou as over all commander?

I need some help with this kind of story because not only is it my first fanfiction it is also a cross-over and I think this one might be hard to get right and make it a good story for people to read. So anyone that is willing to help me I would really appreciate it.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2154
    Imperial Credits : 10093
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Re: A Seikai Fanfiction Idea

Post by mitsuki lover on 4/29/2009, 5:01 pm

Crossovers are always the trickiest things to do.It depends though on wheter you want to just have fun with it and not worry about every picky little thing or if you happen to be a perfectionist and want to get everything right down to the last detail.
    Also is this going to be the O'Neill led SG1 team or the one led by Mitchell?And what about the time line?Does this take place before or during Atlantis?
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 4/29/2009, 6:32 pm

I am going to base it in the time line when O'Neill was leading SG1 and before they discovered Atlantis but I am going to continue it to at least the expedition to Atlantis.

The reason for this is it seems to me that it would leave more of a chance for the story to work because they where still some what new to the traveling the stars. But I also want them to have at least 1 ship so do you know what season they had more then 1 ship in?
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 7458

Post by AlexT on 4/30/2009, 5:24 am

Um...any creative work/fanfics are nice Smile Sounds good.

Though i must admit that i can't stand any cross-overs, can't realy explain why, but it's just how it is... And i'm not realy fan of SG. Watching SG tv series killed it for me somehow. I wish they made it more serious, but as i watched i always had the feeling of it being too.. affected.
    But i'll definately read your fanfic Smile
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 4/30/2009, 2:08 pm

Thank you. This will be my first time writing one so I could use all the help I can get. Specially some constructive criticism would help to make it better when I start to write it.
    Schwenkdawg
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 113
    Imperial Credits : 6496
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

Post by Schwenkdawg on 4/30/2009, 3:49 pm

sadly, I'm with AlexT on this one. I could never stand crossover fics (especially friggin inuyasha crossover fics...ugh). I also have never seen SG (nor any live-action sci-fi series silent ), so i couldnt tell ya. I'm sure it'll be good though, so roll with the idea!
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 667
    Imperial Credits : 7548
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv on 4/30/2009, 4:53 pm

I watched bits and pieces of SG1 and Atlantis, didn't see either one fully.
    I got the idea though and usually saw the finales.

Ultimately I believe any crossover can be good, but it depends on the author.
    ML might be able to remember the old INSANE threads at TechTv... which was a running insane crossover
    of just about everything anime you could dig up... and it was funny, serious, stupid, and awesome all rolled into one.

We had Dual, EVA, Betterman, Trigun, Xenosaga, Star Wars, Robotech, and many others all wrapped together.
    So it can work... just depends on the spin on it you take.

One thing I will suggest from experience, if you're going to do it - do it. Don't talk about doing it and keep talking about doing it. Start, you can always go back and add to it if changes need to be made.

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/1/2009, 11:56 am

I miss the old Anime Unleashed on Tech Tv.I remember used to lurk around their forum alot back then.Was it only two or three years ago? scratch
    Yes,begin ASAP with your story and don't worry about it being bad or good you'll improve as time goes on.
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 5/1/2009, 12:23 pm

What would be a good way to deal with the fact that the Abh have no ground forces to deal with ground base threats? I can't go around and have them blast every planets atmosphere off of it killing the population and the enemy at the same time.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 5/1/2009, 12:41 pm

Blockade or ground bombardment. Imperials in SW would do the same thing.
    I do think Spoor or Lafiel (when she was ticked about Jinto being left on the prison planet)
    talked about glassing the surface?

If they blockade the area, the worst they have to worry about is spy communication on their
    size and movement from the enemy on the planet. You could uses this as a plot mover, or have the
    Abh figure out what frequencies/methods they use to communicate and then jam them after learning
    from a couple battles.

Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 5/1/2009, 2:22 pm

That is true. I was doing some more research on Abh diplomacy (if you call it that) I seen that they always reject alliance offers. So that is something that will have to be addressed. Thou I am thinking of keeping them that way since I am having a combined fleet of all the ships that was at the Aptic system and the reinforcements under the overall command of Imperial Admrial Dusanyu. Thou right now I am trying to come up with a way to get them to the SG universe.

Thou I am toying with the idea of having them find a Alterian supergate and send a rather large fleet of ships throu. Solves the needing materials replacement crews and such. Also allows me to set up a starbase for the lack of a better word and ship yards for them.

What do you all think?

Also JGZinv thank you for that idea of the bombardments and blockading them I was not thinking along those lines.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 5/1/2009, 6:00 pm

I'd say wormhole them... but one note.

No fleet commander worth the powder to blow them up with, is going to send an entire fleet through
    an unknown device... (first you have to reveal to them that it's a transport btw) they'd send a scout ship
    through and then maybe... everything else.

Now if they thought it was part of the UMK then maybe they'd explore it for sake of not letting the enemy into their back door perhaps.

Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 7458

Post by AlexT on 5/1/2009, 7:19 pm

Jinto wrote:What would be a good way to deal with the fact that the Abh have no ground forces to deal with ground base threats? I can't go around and have them blast every planets atmosphere off of it killing the population and the enemy at the same time.
    They have - mercs and commandos. But they won't use them for anything but important stuff. Abh do it easy way - if there's few enemies on the ground they use commandos. If not - larger enemy force would usualy be worth bombardments thus they will surrender. Though i don't believe that Abhs would turn a good habitable planet into wasteland just because they don't have ground forces. But Abhs are strange and arrogant creatures you know Wink
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 5/1/2009, 7:44 pm

Good point I am debiting on them finding a previously unknown sord or just have one appear in a system somewhere in Abh controlled space.

The good part about bringing in a new system is no one has been to it before and therefor I would not have to think of a way to explaining it going unnoticed for so many hundreds of years.

Yes they can be at times but I agree I don't think they would destroy a entire planet because they lack the ground forces.
    But I could also just have one be found somewhere.

I don't really know what to do here.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2378
    Imperial Credits : 12828

Post by Almael on 5/2/2009, 6:34 am

Jinto wrote:What would be a good way to deal with the fact that the Abh have no ground forces to deal with ground base threats? I can't go around and have them blast every planets atmosphere off of it killing the population and the enemy at the same time.

The Abh do have ground troops. They are just not independent an don't have independent name. It's like putting Army & Marine corps together under the navy and call them security similar to Star trek.
    In the star forces the department is called Weapons section (COTS I novel). They peaople there design, produce and handle with weapons. It's related to engineering, that's why we see the Basroil crew go with Jinto onto the prison planet as his guard.
    Of course there is a little section for special operations.
    Actual combat troops are usually aboard certain troop ship/suqadron/fleet as part of a greater fleet (COTS II&III).

IMHO there is no need to destroy planets just because you don't have troops. The planet is not going anywhere and getting from ground to space costs a lot.
    Of course anyone will bombard military installations from orbit. A commander has to be stupid to send troops for this while he could save the trouble with just shooting from above.

Edit:
    Go with a supergate. I haven't seen most of SG so I don't know how to bind this into the story.
    However, there is a speed problem with plane space and distance. You can't stay forever in plane space and the fuel won't last to reach another galaxy without fast tankers.
    For these reason I introduced new plane space drives and planned two aliens race in my 'lost story 1'. Also I planned to introduce the secret of plane space.
    Anyway, this is complicated compared to supergates. Also supergates limit both sides from expanding as they want. Make the supergates difficult to build for better control.
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 5/2/2009, 10:23 pm

Thank you I did not know much of what you just told me. As for the supergate I am only going to have their be one in a system of the abh universe and one in a location in the SG universe so no one will have the tech to build the supergates. The one that will be used will be left over from a alterian expidition to that part of the universe before they had to pull back to the pegesis galixy to try and beat the wreith.

Once I get them to the point where the Abh find the Supergate in their universe and get it working I will have them scout the other side while they are massing forces and resources on the other side to go through the gate into the milkiway galixy.
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 5/4/2009, 3:42 am

I am currently going to buy the complete COS/BOS series.

Also the Abh have the ability to detect a sord in plane space correct? It does not rely on info they already have. So if there was a sord that they had not found before they could see in on sensors(Sp?).

Also can someone familiar to star systems care to make me 2 star systems? One for the Abh to find that I can have a super gate in as well a system for the other side of the gate to connect to in the SG universe.

Also what do you think have the gate in a asgard system clocked or in a gauld system clocked?

I have not been able to work on the fanfic idea all weekend so I am where I was Friday in terms of writing. Also the reason why I am asking a lot of questions about things I should know it has been several years since I have got to watch the series. Also I don't have anyone on MSN or anyone I can call to bounce ideas off of since not many I know have heard or seen the series COS/BOS.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 5/4/2009, 9:18 am

Jinto wrote:I am currently going to buy the complete COS/BOS series.

Also the Abh have the ability to detect a sord in plane space correct? It does not rely on info they already have. So if there was a sord that they had not found before they could see in on sensors(Sp?).

Also can someone familiar to star systems care to make me 2 star systems? One for the Abh to find that I can have a super gate in as well a system for the other side of the gate to connect to in the SG universe.

Also what do you think have the gate in a asgard system clocked or in a gauld system clocked?

I have not been able to work on the fanfic idea all weekend so I am where I was Friday in terms of writing. Also the reason why I am asking a lot of questions about things I should know it has been several years since I have got to watch the series. Also I don't have anyone on MSN or anyone I can call to bounce ideas off of since not many I know have heard or seen the series COS/BOS.

Yes, it is possible to detect Sord in plane space. I will explain it to make sure you got the idea. Plane space is filled with spacetime particles. It is like a sea. Sords are holes. Depending on where a Sord is within a system solar/stellar particle can enter into plane space or leave plane space. Normally the closer to the star the more particle enter.
    So in plane space you see the particles coming in or leave as streams or like a vulcan or a blackhole. Just lookin around as how the particle moves tells you where or what kind of Sord there is.

Well, I would need a bit of time to create the systems. It's not that of a problem but rather the detail of the planets are.

I don't know. I heard the asgards or dead and the gauld are mostly under control or so.
    If asgard I think lots of people want to control that system in hope to find asgard tech.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/4/2009, 3:18 pm

The Ori were the big villians the last I watched of SG1 and SG:Atlantis.
    I think the Asgards were supposed to have been destroyed in their war with the Replicators.Not sure of that though.
    See if you can find the Crest of the Stars manga it has a good easy to understand definition of Sords in it.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 5/4/2009, 3:34 pm

Asguard gave SG1 v.2 all of their technology and information since they were at they end of their lifespan due to the cloning. They blew up their planet in order to wipe out a large bunch of replcators. SG 1 got stuck in a time freeze for a while till they could figure out what to do... that was the season finale.

Ori - last I saw was either Daniel ala Merlin tried to send the "device" through and Ori started poppin up all over, or Vala was having the baby. Don't know what happened beyond that.

Wraith didn't see the end on - I think they found earth or something. Atlantis came up with some kind of wraith virus earlier on.

Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 5/4/2009, 4:23 pm

Yes the wraith made a super hive ship with a ZPM as its power source and got to earth after wiping the floor with all of earths warships. The series ended with atlantis showing up and them using the citys drones to fight the super hive but it was not enough they ended up with having a fighter detonite a nuke in the fighter bay of the hive to destroy it with atlantis shields almost gone a few more hits to the shields and the city would have lost its shields and been destroyed the landed the city in san fransisco bay clocked.

They got the city to earth using a wormhole jump or something like that after the citys hyperdrive failed. There was a lot of risk in using the worm hole drive because the atlantians never got it past a experiment and they said the risk was the got it right on the first jump and where in the middle of the fight or they where just going to end up as parrticales in space if they got in wrong in the smallest bit.

Also thank you for the info on sords and information sources Smile
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 5/5/2009, 1:32 am

Almael wrote:
    Jinto wrote:I am currently going to buy the complete COS/BOS series.

Yes, it is possible to detect Sord in plane space. I will explain it to make sure you got the idea. Plane space is filled with spacetime particles. It is like a sea. Sords are holes. Depending on where a Sord is within a system solar/stellar particle can enter into plane space or leave plane space. Normally the closer to the star the more particle enter.
    So in plane space you see the particles coming in or leave as streams or like a vulcan or a blackhole. Just lookin around as how the particle moves tells you where or what kind of Sord there is.

Well, I would need a bit of time to create the systems. It's not that of a problem but rather the detail of the planets are.

I don't know. I heard the asgards or dead and the gauld are mostly under control or so.
    If asgard I think lots of people want to control that system in hope to find asgard tech.

In the story I will make sure to give you the credit for making the systems if you don't care to make them.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 5/5/2009, 6:29 pm

Here are your two systems. I'm amazed by what interesting systems turned out, but not much terrestrial planets. I will post 3 maps for the best habitable planets tomorrow.
    Normal average stars; unnamed planets are named with starname + # of planet-orbit

SG side:
    Star: Norcimo
    G6
    Mass 1.2
    Radius 1.157
    Luminosity 1.8929 sol

Asteroid Belt
    Distance 11 715 966 km
    Belt width 12 331 436 km

Rock Planet
    distance 19 776 550 km
    Radius 9228 km
    Gravity 1.59 g
    Orbit period 16.02 days
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temperature 732K/459 C
    Atmosphere 6.15 atm (CO2 55%, H2O 15%, O2 10%, N2 4%)
    Moon
    Distance 162741 km
    Radius 1516km
    Gravity 0.14 g
    Orbit Period 4.12 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 446K/173C
    Atmosphere None

Rock Planet
    Distance 43 489 665 km
    Radius 10433 km
    Gravity 1.31 g
    Orbit Period 52.23 d
    Rotation 314.1 h
    Mean Temp. 288K/15C
    Atmosphere 19.72 atm (He 58%, N2 21%, O2 11%, SO2 2%)
    Water/Ice index 26.28
    habitable
    small bodies orbiting

ALIEN SPACE STATION
    Distance 73 482 538 km

terrestrial Planet Norcimo-3
    Distance 124 189 240 km
    Radius 6911 km
    Gravity 1.08 g
    Orbit Period 252.02 d
    Rotation 10 h
    Mean Temp. 210K/-63C
    Atmosphere 4.03 atm (He 42%, N2 27%, O2 14%, CO2 13%)
    Water/Ice index 35.37
    habitable
    small bodies orbiting

Ice Planet
    Distance 599 670 005 km
    Radius 8395 km
    Gravity 0.92 g
    Orbit Period 7.33 y
    Rotation 42 h
    Mean Temp. 85K/-188C
    Atmosphere 28.14 atm (H2 59%, He 23%, N2 12%, CO2 3%)
    Water/Ice index 100
    small bodies orbiting
    Moon
    Distance 115 822 km
    Radius 648 km
    Gravity 0.1 g
    Orbit Period 3.57 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 83K/-190C
    Atmosphere None

Ice Planet
    Distance 1 013 196 743 km
    Radius 6825 km
    Gravity 1.28 g
    Orbit Period 16.09 y
    Rotation 24 h
    Mean Temp. 81K/-192C
    Atmosphere 13.31 atm (H2 55%, He 24%, CO2 10%, N2 8%)
    Water/Ice index 100

Ice/Rock Planet
    Distance 4 891 650 140km
    Radius 4547 km
    Gravity 0.29 g
    Orbit Period 170.69 y
    Rotation 22 h
    Mean Temp. 27K/-246C
    Atmosphere 0.57 atm (He 37%, N2 31%, CO2 23%, O2 2%)
    Water/Ice index 43.43
    small bodies orbiting
    Ring
    Distance 6466 km
    Ring width 682 km

Asteroid Belt
    Distance 6 359 426 365 km
    Belt width 2 685 507 632 km
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Abh side
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Star: Egetysh
    G6
    Mass 0.823665
    Radius 0.85625
    Luminosity 0.507 sol

Gas Giant Egetysh-1
    Distance 22 980 263 km
    Radius 58614 km
    Gravity 2.48 g
    Orbit Period 24.21 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 471K/198 C
    Atmosphere
    small bodies orbiting
    Ring1
    Distance 83350 km
    Ring Width 8792 km
    Moon1 (Rock)
    Distance 90736 km
    Radius 1419 km
    Gravity 0.11 g
    Orbit Period 0.22 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 504K/231 C
    Atmosphere None
    Ring2
    Distance 100 466 km
    Ring Width 3517 km
    Moon2
    Distance 113009 km
    Radius 176 km
    Gravity 0.01 g
    Orbit Period -0.3 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 558K/285 C
    Atmosphere None
    Ring3
    Distance 129304 km
    Ring Width 5861 km
    Moon3
    Distance 321 209 km
    Radius 3254 km
    Gravity 0.46g
    Orbit Period 1.44 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 546K/273C
    Atmosphere None
    Moon4
    Distance 399 987 km
    Radius 1916 km
    Gravity 0.15 g
    Orbit Period 2 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 529K/256C
    Atmosphere None
    Moon5
    Distance 502 328 km
    Radius 3618 km
    Gravity 0.51 g
    Orbit Period 2.81 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 591K/318 C
    Atmosphere 0.15 atm (CO2 77%, SO2 10%, Ar 5%, O3 4%)
    Moon6
    Distance 808 649 km
    Radius 1026km
    Gravity 0.21 g
    Orbit Period 5.75 d
    Rotation 107.5 h
    Mean Temp. 579K/306C
    Atmosphere
    Moon7
    Distance 1033 612 km
    Radius 4192 km
    Gravity 0.2 g
    Orbit Period 8.31 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 498K/225C
    Atmosphere None
    Moon8
    Distance 1325 866 km
    Radius 1120 km
    Gravity 0.02 g
    Orbit Period 12.07 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 546K/273C
    Atmosphere None

Planetoid
    Distance 57173 416 km
    Radius 240 km
    Gravity 0.04 g
    Orbit Period 95.02 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 308K/35C

Planet (bareland/desert) Egetysh-2
    Distance 74 300 798 km
    Radius 8284 km
    Gravity 1.04 g
    Orbit Period 140.77 d
    Rotation 385 h
    Mean Temp. 304K/32C
    Atmosphere 3 atm (N2 62%, O2 22% CO3 3%, Ar 3%)
    Water/Ice Index 3.9
    Habitable
    Moon1
    Distance 146 085 km
    Radius 1216 km
    Gravity 0.23 d
    Orbit Period 4.83 d
    Rotation 0
    Mean Temp. 262K/-11C
    Atmosphere none
    Moon2
    Distance 401 788km
    Radius 978 km
    Gravity 0.21g
    Orbit Period 22.02 d
    Rotation 179.6 h
    Mean Temp. 286K/13C
    Atmosphere None

Asteroid Belt
    Distance 125 559 723 km
    Belt width 58 756 899 km

Rock Planet
    Distance 163 264 606 km
    Radius 3859 km
    Gravity 0.36 g
    Orbit Period 458.53 d
    Rotation -35.4 h
    Mean Temp. 208K/-65C
    Atmosphere None
    Habitable
    small bodies orbiting

terrestrial Planet Egetysh-4
    Distance 212 305 597 km
    Radius 3553 km
    Gravity 0.72 g
    Orbit Period 679.94 d
    Rotation 38 h
    Mean Temp. 203K/-70C
    Atmosphere 1.19 atm (N2 30%, O2 29%, CO2 22%, SO2 4%)
    Water /Ice Index 39.1
    Habitable

Planet System
    Distance 358 812 478 km
    Rock Planet1 1/3 off Planet System center
    Distance 358 812 478.281116 km
    Radius 1276.195782 km
    Gravity 0.14 g
    Orbit Period 4.09 y
    Rotation 17 h
    Mean Temp. 147K/-126C
    Atmosphere None
    small orbiting bodies
    Rock Planet2 2/3 off Planet System center
    Distance 358 812 478.281116 km
    Radius 906.099005 km
    Gravity 0.07 g
    Orbit Period 4.09 y
    Rotation 11 h
    Mean Temp. 132K/-141C
    Atmosphere None
    small orbiting bodies

Asteroid Belt
    Distance 606 358 587 km
    Belt width 284 955 918 km

Planet
    Distance 1 178 400 802 km
    Radius 2006 km
    Gravity 0.22 g
    Orbit Period 24.36 y
    Rotation 25 h
    Mean Temp. 66K/-207C
    Atmosphere 0.06 atm (CO2 43%, N2 34%, O2 9% CO 5%)

Planet
    Distance 4945 993 433 km
    Radius 4078 km
    Gravity 0.7 g
    Orbit Period 209.47 y
    Rotation 16 h
    Mean Temp. 38K/-235 C
    Atmosphere 3.33 atm (H2 78%, He 11%, N2 6%, CO2 4%)
    Water/Ice Index 10.69
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 5/5/2009, 10:48 pm

*raises hand*

Um.. unless you're going to have the navigation officer recite some of this on entering a system... isn't it going a bit overboard?

Granted there must be a logical foundation and setting, but most works of fiction are supposed to be on the story, not the gritty technical details. An overview would suffice and save you a lot of trouble... ne?

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/6/2009, 11:41 am

Rolling Eyes
    What Zinv said.
    Most people are going to be too confused if you spend too much time with the science and tech.
    Unless you happen to be writing your story for techies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6/22/2017, 2:35 pm