Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

A Seikai Fanfiction Idea

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2453
    Imperial Credits : 13365
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Re: A Seikai Fanfiction Idea

Post by Almael on 5/6/2009, 12:08 pm

True, but this will allow the writer to have a definite idea of the system and to plan the story. I doubt anyone will use more than one planet at first but the longer the story goes the more likely you are going to look at other spects of the system. And I don't plan to create something new everytime needed and having to make it fit. It's always better to have it complete first. Lessens the likelyhood the writer messes up or contradics himself. Beside it wasn't hard to get it done than making the details.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2322
    Imperial Credits : 10703
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/8/2009, 12:01 pm

Oh when I write fanfic I don't worry about any of that.I just write and generally have no idea what I'm doing until I get into it.I can't work from outlines or anything like that as after awhile I get so frustrated trying to keep to what is on the outline.Generally I tend to be more of a free form writer,writing whatever comes to mind and durn whatever continuity!!!
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Number of posts : 47
    Imperial Credits : 6594

Post by Jinto on 5/13/2009, 11:42 pm

That sounds like the way I write because I can write a outline then when I go over it again I end up changing it it just like a note in a way if you want to call it that.

Also Thank you very much for making those 2 systems for me it will really help me out. Also I won't be writing much right now because we are getting ready to move (again) so writing is kind of on hold somewhat because of that. Also I have been getting to help take down a house.

We ended up making it a health/safety risk for about 10 min until we figured out how to finish taking the side of the house down because they busted holes into it and ran a chain thou it and hooked it to a truck and was pulling the corners out. It ended up making the wall slanted where it could have fallen in at any moment so they got the idea of trying to smash it down which did not work so the went and got a shotgun and started blasting a center beam out using the shotgun interesting concept of taking a house down shoot the support beams until they collapse under their own weight. I guess it works *sigh* so anyways thats why it is currently not getting much done to the story.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 667
    Imperial Credits : 7900
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv on 5/14/2009, 12:09 am

I have a easier solution... bulldozer, or explosives.

Guarantee you those termites will never approach your house again after getting
    hit with a shotgun 7-8 times. Very Happy

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 5/14/2009, 1:58 pm

Laughing
    You know it would save a lot of work to just burn it down. Nothing would be left to have to take care of. Twisted Evil
    And it looks good at night, too.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 5/14/2009, 2:55 pm

Long as you burn from the outside inward, that way the bugs can't escape other than
    underground. Depending on the house materials though, it might be illegal depending
    on what can and can't be burned.

Not that too many people care... but sometimes they do.

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/20/2009, 4:38 pm

Weird how we got from a fanfic to termites.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 5/20/2009, 7:26 pm

Smile You know termite is close to thermal and dynamite or combined if you will. Twisted Evil
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/22/2009, 11:52 am

I blame it all on Obama.From now on until President Palin gets elected I blame everything on Obama.(joke)
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 11/19/2014, 10:09 pm

Thread necromancy!

Is there any websites or anything that gives a list of Abh ship sizes, armaments, crew compliments, weapons used by the abh or anything?
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 11/19/2014, 11:23 pm

Holy old threads batman.... I got an email about a reply to the thread...

Almael would be the best to know, besides the husk that was Abh Nation I imagine
    only his site or ones on the games would have that kind of data.

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 11/20/2014, 8:53 am

Whoa necromancer! Laughing
    Yep, AbhNation and me are the only "reliable" source more or less.

As far as canonical lore goes there's only one ship whose size was stated.
    The novels provide more on armaments. The games provide some of the rest.

On my site ( http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/seikai/ ) I have compiled the information from all sources, but some information are probably outdated. Those are probably not what you are looking for. Check with the wiki ( http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/ ) as it's more up to date.
    The sizes I give are more "realistic" based on comparison and human sizes.
    Information on weapons are canon but I also made note to anime & games.
    Crew sizes are estimates based on comparisons and a rough estimation of the military organization structure.

A note on my site: it's working but there might be some blocking issues. Just get the links for direct access to the pages or use the wayback machine. Access my site first to keep it alive.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 11/21/2014, 3:13 pm

Well there was no problem with blockage,which is a surprise since it's angelfire and I was expecting a
    404 notice.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 11/21/2014, 7:20 pm

Well, angelfire still got some good old sites with good and unique(!) information. I know because I verified the information.

Now, I really feel like re-reading KOR. Embarassed But imho the fan translated deluxe edition is still superior in detail, comments etc..
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 11/24/2014, 2:32 pm

That's good to know.

Yeah!KOR was the first fansubbed series I saw other than the first three episodes of
    Cardcaptor Sakura.I love the episode where Manami disguises herself as Kurumi because
    it showed how much alike they could look. Cool
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 11/28/2014, 7:12 pm

Btw. I have a star mapping program now as well as a world mapping program. If you have wishes let me know so I can try it our.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 12/3/2014, 2:22 pm

Cool.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 12/5/2014, 1:10 pm

And yeah, if you have a request do not hold back.
    Give or list all the details you want or wish. It's just better to know from the start then having to make changes later which is usually more troublesome. It's not always possible to do changes with certain map creating steps. An engineer's nightmare experience. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 12/26/2014, 2:35 pm

Hey Almael did you check out my Tenchi/Seikai crossover at Tenchiforum yet?
    So hard to keep it balanced.
    I know I didn't do Spoor as good as I could've but I was typing in a hurry and thinking it up as I wrote.
    Then again I didn't want it to turn out to be a Spoor fanfic...wrong forum for that. Laughing
    Any way I did edit a lot in my mind;for one thing there was going to be a whole scene that included
    Tsunami in on the surrender and Lafiel was going to demand Sasami as hostage,etc.

As I said I was trying to get it balanced between Seikai and Tenchi.

FYI: As to the background to the war between the Abh and Jurai, as per usual it was one side(Jurai)
    taking advantage of weakness on the other(Abh)to expand into disputed territory.I made it sound like it was lopsided,but in actuality the Jurai forces did come within a few parsecs of besting the Abh.
    It took another example of the infamous "Spectacular Insanity" of the Bebaus plus Lafiel recalling
    Spoor that stemmed the tide and changed the direction of the war.
    It should also be noted that the Jurian Peace Party was led by Funaho,Misaki,Tenchi,Aeka and the rest of the girls.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 12/26/2014, 7:01 pm

-_-; I haven't seen it but am reading now.

It's fine doing it in a hurry as imho that's where ideas come from. The refinement should always come later. I do notes all the time.

I don't see a problem with your setup. It's your idea and you should know what to do with it. I need to read a lot more before I can tell if it's wrong somewhere with that.

Now to the parts I think is wrong or needs to improve. You should imagine Lafiel acting as a queen like the Queen does. The Queen never greets anyone first!! You just played Lafiel into Spoor's hand yet she didn't take it up.and bite back!! Both are out of character court-etiquette wise. Spoor tends to force her prey to say things. Lafiel is a junior by age so Spoor most likely wants to lecture her whenever possible. Yet she's too noble to be rude or say things out of etiquette especially toward the queen and officially.

I have no doubt the Abh will demand all Jurai warships to be turned over and take up the "protector" role. So you might want to build in some kind of negotiation. It could be fun if you can pull it of. Your call.

Other than that my Tenchi fan side thinks
    Since you got the GP involved why not send Seina Yamada as hostage. His unluckiness could become the Abh's doom. Laughing And having Ryoko Balta accompany him... could cause an uproar among her suitors. Twisted Evil Maybe even posing a danger to Jinto.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 12/29/2014, 2:51 pm

Mainly because I haven't seen GPX. Well was it good for a first try?
    I thought Sasami because it would have more of an impact her being the second Princess of Jurai.
    Yeah, welp, not too familiar with all the correct protocol so that's part of it.OTOH, I did set it a bit
    after the death of Ramaj and everything,so the Abh would still be trying to rebuild.
    I'm glad at least someone read it.
    Can't wait to see if there are any more comments.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 12/30/2014, 8:30 am

Yes, I got hooked right away. It's just not as serious and doesn't have much of a background story until the later half. It's more of a comedy with more Tenchi silliness/entertainment. You could ignore it if you are a hardcore orthodox Tenchi fan.
    Seina Yamada at one point discovers (original) Zinv-esque mecha. It harbors an ancient tree making him 3rd in line (after Yosho, Tenchi) of the Juran throne. He's higher than Ayeka... He is the Joker!!! [hint] Wink
    Ryoko Balta, the famous & popular piratess, has a large following in the GP/Galaxy and is actually the princess of some interstellar country. She's the Joker's Ace. Of course his other wives are also quite influental.
    You could make his group (Yamada Gundan/Gumi) as a third party that saves the galaxy (to everyone's surprise) (a la GXP).
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 12/31/2014, 2:33 pm

hmmm.....that would be interesting thought,though when you say Joker my mind immediately went to
    Batman.
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto on 3/2/2015, 5:50 pm

Hey! Thanks for the replys and information. Sorry for not getting back to this until now school and life picked back up and has kept me busy.

What was the world builder thing you were talking about? I'm going to have to dig my notes I wrote for this out if I still have them and pick this back up. Or if someone else wants to write I'll help with ideas an such. Though I am thinking not the SG verse after seeing the whole series. The Abh just wouldn't stand to much of a chance I don't think fighting some of the bad guys in that series but who knows.

Has there been any news on if they are going to bring the series back or what?
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/4/2015, 2:32 pm

Glad to see you back Jinto. Very Happy
    By bringing it back do you mean are we going to get any more anime or are you still talking about the novels?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12/15/2017, 10:13 am