Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Transformers 2

JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 667
    Imperial Credits : 7788
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Transformers 2

Post by JGZinv on 6/30/2009, 11:57 pm

AWEsome movie... my brain is still reeling from it all.

So much going on... forget the idiot critics, watch it...

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2413
    Imperial Credits : 13121
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Re: Transformers 2

Post by Almael on 7/1/2009, 9:32 pm

Well, you get the action for your money.

But the script, dialogues, events are crap. The first half is trash and half of it could have been left without hurting, because they are redundant. And the terminator-like girl, mini-sphere/nanobots just don't add up to the technology.

They could have used that time to better the events in the seconf half. Also most actions/event seem to ignore space time; changing far places in seconds or minutes.
    A roughly 4 hour flight lasting twelve+ hours and that guy didn't noticed?
    Oh, and the 6th fleet doesn't have tanks or such ready, just one or two spec ops unit. All the support troops need at least day to get there.

I would liked to have seen some more character in the troops. As it is they are just cannon fodder.

As to the story: 'searching the key for a machine to convert the sun' is alright, but it's not explained why someone from an immortal race would be impatient in converting this very sun and not just go to another. Maybe I missed it but for what do they need that energy again? It seemed to me the bots never need any kind of replenishment to begin with.
    And most importantly the movie misses the point: 'Why must life(Earth) be protected?'
    Instead we get to see some macho stuff displayed by the main actor...

Overall, the action are good if my eyes could make them all out, but else is typical trashy of today's movies.

Tsk, it's a shame that subculture has become better than what is defined as normal nowaday.

PS: I haven't read any critics so I don't know what they say, but I have the feeling this was rather just put together or the writers are on the level of kids.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 667
    Imperial Credits : 7788
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv on 8/10/2009, 6:08 pm

The original had better back story, energon is derived from sucking out the energy of anything else in nature. This the bots need to replenish themselves or they effectively die/turn off.

Jetfire was an illustration of this, being "old."

But yeah noticed most of these same points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10/20/2017, 1:09 am