Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

SNS4 Project

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2453
    Imperial Credits : 13365
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

SNS4 Project

Post by Almael on 9/1/2009, 11:34 am

As you know we have a novel translation running on Seikai no Senki 4, but it has been some time since we planned things together.
    So this is a little info & organisational post.

Ryuou will return from his trips soon and will try to get some recruits.
    We plan to establish cooperation with the russian translation, in order to have also their version available at bakasuki.
    So I would like to formaly ask AlexT to act as liason, since he is more apt to communicate in russian.

The last part of chapter 8 will be posted as soon as we have reviewed it.
    As to the still missing chapters 3&4 we still hope animejunkie will do them.
    You can still read the comprehensive summary on them provided by natsumemaya, so you won't really miss anything. Hence, priority on these will be somewhat low.

As to the Danshou short novels, it will take some more time...

Further projects are possible, but at this time nothing has been decided.

We welcome any able man, woman, and child, who are willing to help out.
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 6962
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Re: SNS4 Project

Post by tanis1lionheart on 9/2/2009, 2:36 pm

This is cool.

So, have the other 3 books already been fully translated?
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 9/2/2009, 2:44 pm

Only Cots is fully available by Tokyopop.
    The other books have not been translated, but all listed books are more or less available for translation. The books to the animes, the Baronh language are not available.
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 7810

Post by AlexT on 9/2/2009, 8:49 pm

Ok, let me know what you need.
    Seikai to masses! cheers
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 6825
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach on 9/2/2009, 11:21 pm

I hope project is a great success.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 9/3/2009, 1:11 pm

We got 22k hits on the main page, so I guess it does ok.

@AlexT: All you need to do is get in contact with them and tell from our wish to have their russian version hosted at bakasuki, too. This is of course for publicity of us fans as well as completness compared to the other projects there. We can't let ourselves left behind. Very Happy
    And hopefully, we get more interested volunteers.
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 9/4/2009, 10:31 am

Ok, then let's gather all related information here - urls etc.
    What is the latest url of russian project? I should've organized my seikai links better Razz
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 9/4/2009, 2:04 pm

Pm you the project url.

I think I should update the project page since I forgot to do it last time. -_-;
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 6962
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart on 9/8/2009, 7:33 am

Sounds like this is really going to get off the ground.

WOOT!

Can't wait to see how it goes, the manga is ok...but reading the actual texts would be great.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 12/10/2009, 10:35 am

Although, our project does not lack interested people we still lack contributers. *sigh*
    But we need to show some progress.
    Even if by ourselves, the things that hinder progress are text in electronic form, time and translators. (bots2, bots3 scans are still needed)

Ryuou still hasn't reviewed the final part of SNS4 chapter 8 yet, so I'm playing with the thought of just releasing it anyway.
    Looking at the remainders I would be interested in the first parts of SNS1 and SNS3. After all introductory infos are mostly found there.
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 12/10/2009, 2:48 pm

Keep up the good work \o/
    Well, at least once SNS4 translation is finished, no matter when it happens, there will be many Russian speaking readers that will happily read the translation of the translated SNS4. Very Happy There's a lot of SNS fans on post-USSR territory - i dare to say more than i ever seen on AN or here at KOTS. I often see people who list BOTS/COTS as the favorites in ther anime lists etc. The guest book of russian translation is 90 pages long and growing...
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 12/27/2009, 1:15 pm

Almael on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm wrote:

So people actually read my crappy work

SNS4 will be done next year. I will say that again if asked.
    After that I plan SNS1, at least I'm already doing the ocr.

I have posted the final part of chapter 8. Somehow the formating didn't work as before. I will fix it soon.

Thanks to Animejunkie, we got chapter 3 partially translated. Send him some flowergirls.
    He has kept his promise, so you can expect him to finish what's left of chapter 3 and 4.

Paul
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Number of posts : 16
    Imperial Credits : 5949
    Registration date : 2010-01-03

Post by Paul on 1/3/2010, 11:47 am

I finished reading the fourth novel so is there anything after that more novel ect.?
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 1/3/2010, 12:02 pm

Welcome here!

No other officially, but there are the short novels in the two Danshou books.
    Aslo Morioka has promised to keep writting, though. He recently published some other SF story in a magazine. Actually, he does that regularly.

Paul
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by Paul on 1/3/2010, 12:24 pm

So there is hope for them to finish the story in that case I will keep up with it my room mates suggested Crest not knowing of Banner But I like following through and knowing the endings so thanks. I am going to hit him though because no ending yet to the story now it will bug me to no end
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 1/3/2010, 12:27 pm

Almael, now you have no other way but to write 5th novel yourself it seems Very Happy
    But let's assume you would, do you have a clear vision of how the story goes on?

As for SNS4 - so is it completely there on the page already, or any more corrections? Cuz I wanna print entire thing,
    make a book out of it and read in some place with nice atmosphere and drinks Smile

Peronaly i'd hate to see seikai ending but the only reason it can happen is if the story (universe) reaches deep into the future and there some ending that make other alternate storylines impossible. There could be other stories set in Seikai universe as long as universe itself exist.

Paul
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by Paul on 1/3/2010, 12:36 pm

I just hate things not being finished that's all that is why I hope more are written or it is wrapped up either way
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 1/3/2010, 12:43 pm

AlexT wrote:
    But let's assume you would, do you have a clear vision of how the story goes on?
    Well, the empire's capital has fallen, but the empire still can hold all other territories.
    Admiral Kotoponi will isolate or cut off the Hania forces from their home.
    The war in general will be stalled and a new arms race begins. Skirmishes will rise etc.
    Polictics and espionage are going to increase to find weakness or intentions...

As for SNS4 - so is it completely there on the page already, or any more corrections? Cuz I wanna print entire thing,
    make a book out of it and read in some place with nice atmosphere and drinks Smile
    Well, chapter 3&4 are not complete yet. Animejunkie is working hard on them, but I can't say when it's finished. Chapter 8 may need some correction but it is complete.

I just hate things not being finished that's all that is why I hope more are written or it is wrapped up either way
    Have faith!
    I think it's taking long because Morioka has been busy with other problem of his own and a bunch of short stories. Also he has probably trouble deciding on which nice ideas to use.

Paul
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by Paul on 1/3/2010, 12:47 pm

So, did the capital actually get taken over? I thought it was just going to be attacked and considering a fleet just arrived and Jinto is there wouldn't it not have been captured
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 1/3/2010, 1:01 pm

I know the story left off with the attack, but it's certain that the capital will be lost. This has been analysed and the certaincy has been establish in chapter 7. We know from Cots that the UMK did not hold back to destroy unarmed stations. The Hania federation may be different but I actually think they are worse in war. So all the Abh homes are likely destroyed. The planet are probably fine.

Only Atosuryua's unit has returned to the capital so they are probably fighting hard but they will lose and will have to retreat. There are 8 gates only one is initially used by the enemy. Since all are in a circle around the system it will take time. Enough to evacuate up to half the people in space if there are enough ships and traffic is ok, though.

There have been some mention of the alliance preparing a retreat at the Miral system before hand. If this is similar to WWII, the alliance may retaliate from there. They may start a big campaign....

The empire may or may not be able to hold the 8 Kindom's sords. But it still has the big territories like Spoor's. I wouldn't wonder if that system will become very important.

Paul
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by Paul on 1/3/2010, 1:07 pm

From reading it sounded like the fleet is still near enough to the capital and had not yet moved into action the plan to disarm but mearly change their names not actually started the operation thus should be able to hold there is also the possibility (remote as it may be) that the federation fleet could be destroyed because they are the weakest of all also there may be a faction inside that might help the Ahb. Another thing is Jinto would not have the chance (unless he stayed with the empress but even then it depends on time if they will be able to evac.
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 1/3/2010, 1:27 pm

I wonder if it will teach Abhs anything - re-think their ideology a bit maybe? Maybe they'll reject their desire of space travel monopoly - it would earn em a lot more sympathizers, and they'll need em.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 1/3/2010, 1:31 pm

I would have to reread to think more about the distances and time. From SNS3 it's days to go round half the outer circle, but to the center the spatial flows will be trouble for speed.

Kotoponi's fleet is on the left side around the center so her fleet can only give chase, but that would endanger the frontlines there. (You can't go through the center) The empire can surely deal with the invasion fleet but not without exposing their now long front lines.

From cots we know each sord is defended by a fortress. So those are pretty much lost, but the civil capital is ways off, so some people should be able to flee, just the chaos and transport toruble will limit the escapee numbers. I dunno what Atosuryua will do, but common sense tells me they may be ordered to protect the retreating ships rather than fight a losing batlle. *shrugs*

I wonder if it will teach Abhs anything - re-think their ideology a bit
    maybe? Maybe they'll reject their desire of space travel monopoly - it
    would earn em a lot more sympathizers, and they'll need em.
    I think there won't be a change, they only will be more prepared next time.
    Their persistance on finishing the job will prevail.

Paul
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by Paul on 1/3/2010, 1:38 pm

Alright thanks for giving hope I will at least be on once a day (except next weekend) to see if there is anything if you hear about anything please post
    (hoping for some sort of map of fleet dispersal and /or game)

PS: Thanks
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT on 1/3/2010, 1:42 pm

But it will never end this way. The only ending i see is dialogue between the sides. Still - Abhs don't look very attractive to general population with their "space belong only to us so that you idiots can't cause trauble" vs UMK's "space and freedom for everyone" Very Happy Once Empire looses critical mass of it's influence it will start loosing worlds without being able to provide enough trade traffic (which is already pain for every planet's commerce)...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12/15/2017, 10:13 am